Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Replacing wheels/tires tomorroe. Do I get tires removed from rims?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
KingMoo is on a distinguished road
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
Replacing wheels/tires tomorroe. Do I get tires removed from rims?

I'm getting my new wheels and tires installed tomorrow and I'd like to sell my stock wheels and tires. Do I sell them as a unit or am I better off asking them to take the tires off the rims?

2011 TRD sport (7000 miles on stock Durlop tires)
Old 10-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like there's a lot of life left in the tires... i'd leave the tires on.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
sounds like there's a lot of life left in the tires... i'd leave the tires on.
i'm selling them regardless. I just want to know if it's best to sell the tires on the rims or tires and rims separately.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what the buyer wants, make more money selling sep but maybe someone wants both?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
sell as a package....
Old 10-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
no, that's what i mean -- leave the tires on the wheels and sell them both together. sorry for the confusion
Old 10-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
no, that's what i mean -- leave the tires on the wheels and sell them both together. sorry for the confusion
thanks. any idea what they're worth?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #8

Firefighter:
i've got a first-gen so i'm not too knowledgeable about second-gen parts. but i do think most of the sets i've seen on craigslist are $350-500, for whatever that's worth.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Usually not, Brand name and size of tires, size and pictures of wheels?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMoo View Post
I'm getting my new wheels and tires installed tomorrow and I'd like to sell my stock wheels and tires. Do I sell them as a unit or am I better off asking them to take the tires off the rims?

2011 TRD sport (7000 miles on stock Durlop tires)
100% depends on what you can get a buyer for. To some, having the tires already mounted and balanced is a plus (saves them money if they're looking for a complete set). But, as mentioned before, you typically end up with more money in your pocket selling the individual pieces vs. selling the complete package.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
Are you planning to keep your TPMS? If so, I think they'll have to separate your old tires and rims anyway...
Old 10-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Just leave them together. Someone with a base model will want the upgrade.

If you split them up, I predict you'll sell the tires readily, but have trouble getting a buyer for the rims.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #13
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekard View Post
Are you planning to keep your TPMS? If so, I think they'll have to separate your old tires and rims anyway...
The TPMS sensors can be removed without separating the tire from the wheel.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #14
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
damn I didn't realize Tacomas had TPMS sensors. That's gonna increase the tire install price significantly
Old 10-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #15
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
True, you don't have to completely remove the tire, but you at least have to break the bead, install a replacement valve, and possibly re-balance. Still plenty of labor for the shop to do.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, go on the Calgary Kijiji. I know for a fact that here in Calgary you can easily get $400 for just the wheels, and prob another $400 for the tires.