Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Ordered some Nittos from Goodyear

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered some Nittos from Goodyear

I ordered some Nitto NT 420's today. Goodyear will give lifetime balance, rotate, & road hazard free of charge with the purchase of tires. I got 4 Nitto's 265/50/20 & alignment for $880. I get them put on tommorrow.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #2
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The only other place I found that offers Free lifetime balance,rotate, & road hazard is Costco. But Costco only carries Michelin or BFGoodrich.

Big 10 wanted $25 a tire for road hazard.

If you know of any other place that includes all listed above for free, list it in this thread. So others can use the info.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I had the 555 extremes on my maxima not to far back. Pretty good tires, but I had a lot of tread block squirm for the first couple months. Hope the 420's work well for ya, I really enjoyed mine once they wore in.
I checked lots of reviews on different sites before settling on these. They are much more affordable than what I had on my truck. The BFG G-force tires run $265 a tire. Compared to the Nitto's $180 a tire.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:21 AM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Nitto 450s on my daily driver - pretty good tires - I have no complaints

Old 11-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery

I got the Nitto's installed. They are awesome! The ride is much better than the BFGoodrich G-force tires. They handle cornering very well. I tested them on my ride home. I will post pics later.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
nice!!!! i always deal with our local goodyear dealer here...palmetto tire and service. been going there for a long time....only place i'll buy our tires from and any maintenance i cant do....i go to them. they are great people...........and getting discounts on stuff is a big ol plus!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #7
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
I got the Nitto's installed. They are awesome! The ride is much better than the BFGoodrich G-force tires. They handle cornering very well. I tested them on my ride home. I will post pics later.

I'll be waiting Sean...
Old 11-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #8
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
nice!!!! i always deal with our local goodyear dealer here...palmetto tire and service. been going there for a long time....only place i'll buy our tires from and any maintenance i cant do....i go to them. they are great people...........and getting discounts on stuff is a big ol plus!!
They gave me $20 off the alignment also. I told them Toyota could do a front end for $49. So he is going to do a 4-wheel for $59, normal price $79. I am very pleased with this Goodyear location. I have had a bad experience at a different one.

When I said going to do alignment. He has the 20" wheel attachment for the alignment machine on order. Should be in next week.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
nice lookin tires sean. Discount Tire offers free lifetime balance rotation and road hazard. at least they do at my local store. i got a set of 4 bfg AT's for just under $900. 32 inches.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Sean, where are those pics man?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
Sean, where are those pics man?
I'm at work, took pictures in the parking deck. I will upload them when I get home @ 6am.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #12
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
nice lookin tires sean. Discount Tire offers free lifetime balance rotation and road hazard. at least they do at my local store. i got a set of 4 bfg AT's for just under $900. 32 inches.
Thanks, I'm very pleased with the tires.

Thanks for the info about Discount tires.. It is crazy to have to pay for those items. Big 10 tires wanted $25 per tire for road hazard, Uh, NO way!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm at work, took pictures in the parking deck. I will upload them when I get home @ 6am.

DANG. thats when I go to bed. I guess I'll just have to stay awake then.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #14
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
DANG. thats when I go to bed. I guess I'll just have to stay awake then.
Well when you get up, you will have pics to look at.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #15
Lord of Tomfoolery

Here are the pics:

Old 11-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here are the pics:

looks good!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #17
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
looks good!
Thanks Nate!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #18
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
looks good.... whats the weight of each tire?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Nate!
now its time to take it off road and see how it does
Old 11-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #20
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
looks good.... whats the weight of each tire?
Not sure. Why would I need to know that? How?