Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

how many run stock w/ 17x9 revolvers and 265/70/17

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
how many run stock w/ 17x9 revolvers and 265/70/17

really want this setup but im worried about running a tire rated for a narrower rim.

curious how many people are doing it, and how much it flings stuff on the side of the truck.

also i was quoted over the phone about $250-300 per rim locally, is that about right?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
really want this setup but im worried about running a tire rated for a narrower rim.

curious how many people are doing it, and how much it flings stuff on the side of the truck.

also i was quoted over the phone about $250-300 per rim locally, is that about right?
Some manufacturers do list 9" wheels and approved size for 265/70/17. You just have to check their website.

Also how far the wheels stick out (and therefore the rock flinging) depends on the backspacing as well as the width.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i believe these rims, in 17x9 only come in -12 with 4.5. I would like a 17x8 -12 4.5 in black with the "sweeping" spokes rather than straight up and down if you know what im saying....
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i believe these rims, in 17x9 only come in -12 with 4.5. I would like a 17x8 -12 4.5 in black with the "sweeping" spokes rather than straight up and down if you know what im saying....
No such wheel exists, because on an 8" wide wheel, 4.5 bs is 0mm offset, not -12
Old 10-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i was quoted over the phone about $250-300 per rim locally, is that about right?
That's a high price. This site has them for $145 per wheel for the 17's and free shipping. http://4wheelonline.com/KMC_XD796_Re....136409.458876
Old 10-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
No such wheel exists, because on an 8" wide wheel, 4.5 bs is 0mm offset, not -12
ok thanks, so what specs should i look for if i want the tires to stick a little past the fenders, not 2 1/2 inches, maybe 1 1/2

and i live in canada, no such thing as free shipping here, i could only imagine what it would cost to ship them here
Old 10-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and i live in canada, no such thing as free shipping here, i could only imagine what it would cost to ship them here
Dang. But 300 each for a 17" wheel is still crazy.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok thanks, so what specs should i look for if i want the tires to stick a little past the fenders, not 2 1/2 inches, maybe 1 1/2

The 8" wide wheels, with 4.5" of backspacing, will stick out 2" more than your stock wheels.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #9
Hittn' easy steet on mud tires
Jez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like a fair price if they come with tires! I run them on mine and no issues. Think I paid $1200 for the set with the BFG muds. They do stick out a bit but just enough to give it a wide broad stance but nothing too drastic where you will get a ton of debris on the sides. Get em!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #10
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I have 17x9 wheels with 265/70-17 Bridgestone Revos. Looks fine, see my pictures. I would try KX wheels out of BC if I were you. I got my Incubus wheels with the lug nuts and locking nuts for less than $700 shipped to my front door. $250 a wheel is highway robbery if you ask me.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #11
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing this set up when I get the funds. *looks at quote* 17x9 with a 5.5 backspacing and it should fit with no rubbing, no lift on 265/70R/17. Got quoted at $159.95 per wheel. Which tires are you looking at?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
I ran 17x9 XD Revolvers with stock size tires for about a month be fire I got new tires. I didn't have any issues at all.

Also, My revolvers are currently for sale!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
I'm doing this set up when I get the funds. *looks at quote* 17x9 with a 5.5 backspacing and it should fit with no rubbing, no lift on 265/70R/17. Got quoted at $159.95 per wheel
5.5 backspacing is too much, you will rub. You need 4.5 backspacing
Old 10-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #14
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I got some Nitto Terra Grapplers PMetrics 265/70/17 and it says it's approved for 9 inch wide rim so I might get some Revolvers too
Old 10-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #15
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
5.5 backspacing is too much, you will rub. You need 4.5 backspacing
Serious? The guy told me it wouldn't rub!! But then again he also said that if it rubs, he won't be putting them on... And he's the owner of the wheel/tire shop and he's into trucks!! Awwww mannnn. I better check into this more, thanks.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #16
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=oneBIGroom;3841284]That's a high price. This site has them for $145 per wheel for the 17's and free shipping. http://4wheelonline.com/KMC_XD796_Revolver_Wheels_Matte_Black.136409.45887 6[/QUOTE]

4wheelonline is a good place thats where I got my rims and tires off of. they are 17x9 kmc XD222 enduro beadlocks and I am running 265/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers on them.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:55 PM   #17
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm not mistaken 5.5" backspace is what the stock wheels are. As long as you don't go any bigger than 265's you should be okay. I went with 4.5 backspace so the wheels/ tires stick out a bit more. Hopefully KPT chimes in as he's usually the one to talk to in regards to matters like this...
Old 10-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
If I'm not mistaken 5.5" backspace is what the stock wheels are. As long as you don't go any bigger than 265's you should be okay. I went with 4.5 backspace so the wheels/ tires stick out a bit more. Hopefully KPT chimes in as he's usually the one to talk to in regards to matters like this...
Thank you for this. This is what he recommended since I said I didn't want a lift and was wondering if I needed spacers. He said it would be fine, that he wouldn't be recommending it if not. And then he said (I guess to reassure me) that he would not leave them on the truck if it rubbed. I've gone to them for all of my tire needs over the past 23 years, and they know how picky I am about my cars.

I guess we will see when I finally get enough pocket change to actually purchase the set.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #19
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
This isn't exactly on subject, more of a rant. But I guy at school that has an 86 toyota is running 35x12.50x15's on a very wide rim, because the tires are being stretched out to about 14 inches at least. And he repeatedly makes fun of me saying stuff like at least my tire doesn't fall off and stuff. This kif knows nothing about vehicles. And I'm going to laugh if one day his tire pops off the bead driving down the road. I though us toyota gud were supposed to stick together! Haha sorry for the thread jacking...

By the way here's a pic of the truck. And those tires are only 12.50's!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
Correctamundo. 5.5" will be fine if staying with 265's