Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BG Km 2 or MTR or Dunlop Mud Rover

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
ratso is on a distinguished road
ratso's Tacoma Gallery
BG Km 2 or MTR or Dunlop Mud Rover

I need new shoes for the taco I'm off road most of time. I have the original bfg mud terrain and they have suited my needs.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
The BFGs and MTR kevlars are both a solid choice. Of the two, I have the MTRs which I purchased on the theory that cuts and punctures were a little less likely. I've been happy with their grip, self clearing, and wear, and so will probably purchase them again.

Don't know anything about the Dunlops.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
ratso's Tacoma Gallery
The Dunlop tread pattern is like the original bfg mud tire.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone's going to tell you the tire they run now is the best choice....

Like me! I say KM2's. Low road noise, great offroad grip
Old 10-13-2011, 07:08 AM   #5
Roberts23 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
Roberts23's Tacoma Gallery
KM2s vs Mud Rover

The Mud Rover from Dunlop is a great tire but its more for light off road use not hardcore stuff, but the KM2s, like Konaborne said, have low road noise and grip to just about whatever you throw at it hope this helps
Old 10-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
ratso's Tacoma Gallery
MTR's first KM 2 second

Well I ordered the mtr tires for my toyota pickup.I will get the km 2 in the next month for my tacoma.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my 3rd set of KM2s now. I don't plan on running any other tires, unless a KM3 comes out.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
plee33 will become famous soon enoughplee33 will become famous soon enough
Name: Peter
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
I currently have the KM2s and nothing to complain yet. Performs very good with little road noise. My next set will be the MTRs, why??? just want to try out different tires. MTRs and KM2s are both good choices.