Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

nitto terra grappler's AT

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
fltaco000 is on a distinguished road
fltaco000's Tacoma Gallery
nitto terra grappler's AT

im thinkin about gettin the Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain's i dont have a lift and im not gonna put one on whats the biggest tire you think i could fit without it rubbing, and its the 08 taco
Old 11-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltaco000 View Post
im thinkin about gettin the Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain's i dont have a lift and im not gonna put one on whats the biggest tire you think i could fit without it rubbing, and its the 08 taco
if you have the 16inch offroad wheels......biggest tirre without a lift is 265/75/16........if you have sport with 17's.......... 265/75/17 i think.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
I just got a set, great tires! The biggest size you can run without a lift is 265/75/16 or 265/70/17.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:33 AM   #4
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a set of 265/70/17 and I have minor rubbing on my Base model 4x4, hoping the TSB with Bilsteins all around will fix that, if not then 4 Wheel Parts will trim a little for me.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
I just got a set of 265/70/17 and I have minor rubbing on my Base model 4x4, hoping the TSB with Bilsteins all around will fix that, if not then 4 Wheel Parts will trim a little for me.
Get a set of sheet metal shears and trim yourself. Why let 4 Wheel Parts rip you off...
Old 11-07-2008, 01:13 AM   #7
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Get a set of sheet metal shears and trim yourself. Why let 4 Wheel Parts rip you off...
They only rub on the plastic fenders where the mud flaps use to be attached. Oh and free wouldn't be a rip off and they are right around the corner from my house, but my BF did his and he could do mine also if I wanted to wait for him to get around to it . Also I saved over $300 on my wheels/tires at 4WP and my BF saved $75 on airbags. It took them less than an hour to install my wheels/tires and the customer service was great.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
Jay_bruce is on a distinguished road
Jay_bruce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used a simple utility knife, just keep an extra sharp blade handy-
Old 11-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
They only rub on the plastic fenders where the mud flaps use to be attached. Oh and free wouldn't be a rip off and they are right around the corner from my house, but my BF did his and he could do mine also if I wanted to wait for him to get around to it . Also I saved over $300 on my wheels/tires at 4WP and my BF saved $75 on airbags. It took them less than an hour to install my wheels/tires and the customer service was great.
Thats a first. Seems every quote I get from 4WP is higher then all others. You are lucky, have at it...
Old 11-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #10
Proud New *****
whiteknight303 is on a distinguished road
whiteknight303's Tacoma Gallery
How big can you go on a 2001 without a lift with the terra grapplers?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight303 View Post
How big can you go on a 2001 without a lift with the terra grapplers?
on an 01 dcab, nothing bigger than what you already have stock...

265-70-16
Old 11-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
Proud New *****
not even a few inches? Dont the 4x4s have a little more clearance than the prerunners though?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #13
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not even a few inches? Dont the 4x4s have a little more clearance than the prerunners though?
a prerunner is a 2wd w/ the suspension of a 4x4. same heights
Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #14
Proud New *****
ohhhh iv always wondered, thanks for the tip, so only stock size? whay can 2nd gens go higher?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #15
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ohhhh iv always wondered, thanks for the tip, so only stock size? whay can 2nd gens go higher?
they are built differently

just like 01-04 xcabs sit a lil higher than the dcabs...
Old 11-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
just like 01-04 xcabs sit a lil higher than the dcabs...
You sure about this? everything I find lists the double cabs higher than the others.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #17
LT Chase Truck

positive on the 01-04 gen...

i went through a lot of money in tires, wheels, and suspension changes to get it down right....
Old 11-08-2008, 03:12 AM   #18

Quote:
Thats a first. Seems every quote I get from 4WP is higher then all others. You are lucky, have at it...
They price match, so find the lowest price online and take it to them, I did that with tires and wheels.
My BF got a discount due to working at the Chevy Dealership.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:25 AM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
positive on the 01-04 gen...

i went through a lot of money in tires, wheels, and suspension changes to get it down right....
Everything I find says otherwise:
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...a-tacoma-3.htm
http://www.internetautoguide.com/rev...a/summary.html

Seems the 4 doors are higher than the reg cabs. and extra cabs. Since the springs are a higher rate given the extra weight of the vehicle. Headroom is only 1/10th of an inch difference, so obviously the cabs are the same. Many of my friends with 4 door first gens are running 265/75/16's with no rubbing of any kind. This holds true for the second gen trucks, also.
Im thinking your truck may have had weak springs?
Old 11-08-2008, 06:56 AM   #20
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
one thing about TG's.. they run very true to their size. Great tires though, excellent ride quality, tread life and very well priced.

be sure to get LT rated and not P rated though