Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

wheel spacer pics please 1.5 or 1.25

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
wheel spacer pics please 1.5 or 1.25

going to purchase a set of spidertrax wheel spacers with265/75/16 tires. Was wondering what 1.5 would look like vs the 1.25. I just dont want to regret not getting 1.5. I know its only a quarter of an inch but does anyone have pics or suggestions
Old 10-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah....I'd like to see some 1.5 pics too.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

borrowed this from nelson tacoma
he has 1.5 ( hope you dont mind bud)
before

after
Old 10-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
borrowed this from nelson tacoma
he has 1.5 ( hope you dont mind bud)
no problem.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
bgsmith will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics, I have some 1.25 spidertrax spacers on the way our of necessity, but I am also looking forward to the more aggressive stage they will give me.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
CelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kate
CelticTaco151's Tacoma Gallery
i have 1.25" spidertrax. i haven't had any problems, and it definitely makes the stance look better. best of luck.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #8

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticTaco151 View Post
i have 1.25" spidertrax. i haven't had any problems, and it definitely makes the stance look better. best of luck.
Thanks, are you on stock suspension?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
CelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Thanks, are you on stock suspension?
yes...for now
Old 10-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #10

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes...for now
Thanks again, going to throw some 265/70 17s on my truck with the spacers, just don't want any rubbing issues, which I have been told I shouldn't have.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Thanks again, going to throw some 265/70 17s on my truck with the spacers, just don't want any rubbing issues, which I have been told I shouldn't have.
i can't imagine you would have a problem with that setup. you know, i ran without wheel spacers for about a month when i bought my truck, and i live where the roads have a lot of turns in them. i noticed a real difference in the turn-taking after putting on the spacers. no regrets at all. suggestion though is check the spacers after about 500 miles, and then again at 1000 miles and make sure they are on securely. i never had an issue, but i have heard some people find they are not snug and need a tightening at first.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #12

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i can't imagine you would have a problem with that setup. you know, i ran without wheel spacers for about a month when i bought my truck, and i live where the roads have a lot of turns in them. i noticed a real difference in the turn-taking after putting on the spacers. no regrets at all. suggestion though is check the spacers after about 500 miles, and then again at 1000 miles and make sure they are on securely. i never had an issue, but i have heard some people find they are not snug and need a tightening at first.
Will do, I drive 100 miles a day on the highway, really wouldn't want to run into any issues.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm selling my all pro 1.5 spacers at the moment. And I have extra extended length lugnuts to go with them.

If you want pics, send me your email and I'll send you the pics. I can't post on here cause I'm on my phone
Old 10-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #14
Damit man
BoTacoGA is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
BoTacoGA's Tacoma Gallery
I have the rear tsb an billies set at 1.75. Anybody know how big of a spacer I need to get 285/75/16? I'm about an inch away from the upper control arm with 265/75/16 an no spacer.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #15
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoTacoGA View Post
I have the rear tsb an billies set at 1.75. Anybody know how big of a spacer I need to get 285/75/16? I'm about an inch away from the upper control arm with 265/75/16 an no spacer.
You really only need 1/4 spacer to clear the arms. But I don't recommend using ones that small since they don't have lug studs on them they just slide over your existing studs. Check out allprooffroad.com or spidertrax for the best ones to use. In actuality you should just get new wheels with the proper backspacing, but if you are like me and can't afford to do wheels, the spacers are ok.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #16

anybody see this, not related but hard not to watch,
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VTi4ONNcn-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
tclarke1 is on a distinguished road

Army: 82ND Airborne DIV.
Name: Tyler
tclarke1's Tacoma Gallery
Just a question. why do you want wheel spacers??

Edit: question directed at op. Those tires fit without wheel spacers.. If you want a more aggressive stance why not save up and get wheels with less backspacing??
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclarke1 View Post
Just a question. why do you want wheel spacers??
To fit larger/wider tires. With my 2.5 inch lift 285's will rub the upper control arm without moving the rim and tire farther out. So you either get new wheels with the proper backspacing. Or you get wheel spacers.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #19
tclarke1 is on a distinguished road

Army: 82ND Airborne DIV.
Name: Tyler
tclarke1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
To fit larger/wider tires. With my 2.5 inch lift 285's will rub the upper control arm without moving the rim and tire farther out. So you either get new wheels with the proper backspacing. Or you get wheel spacers.

I was actually directing that question at op.. my bad.

But I understand why you have them..
I saw your post earlier so I know you get what it means to have wheels spacers.

I personally wouldn't buy tires that large till I could afford the right size wheels though. Just one more extra aftermarket piece with the potential to fail.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #20
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking about getting wheel spacers as well but have a couple ?'s for the guys with knowledge on this subject. IS there a difference between the spidertrax and the allpro ones? im getting the 1.25 ones only to clear the steelies i just got that rub my front calipers. my tires are stock 265/70/16 and have no lift. will there be any rubbing after install? DONT MEAN TO THREAD JACK IN ANY WAY OP just didnt wanna make a new thread and annoy people