Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anyone running Bilsteins 5100 at 1.7" and running 285s?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Kmu is on a distinguished road
Kmu's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running Bilsteins 5100 at 1.7" and running 285s?

Hi there, Im about to buy a 2012 white double cab 4x4 TRD sport, I want to get the Bilstein 5100 for the front and back, raise the front only 1.7" to avoid alignment issues and get the Icon leaf pack and raise the rear 1.5".

Could I fit 285x70r17 BFG KM2s with the proper backspace wheel probably a 17x8 with 4.5" to 5" of backspace to avoid hitting the control arms?

Im not afraid of doing some minor cutting...

THX in advance
Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
AV8BTacoma is on a distinguished road
Marines:
AV8BTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Kmu,

I actually just got 5100's all around with the ICON leaf pack in the back with 285's. I however set the front to 2.5". I had to trim a decent amount of the fender liner towards the bottom and I still need to trim some of the fender flare towards the inside, about 2". My wheels are 17x9 with 0 offset. It aligned with no problems. Here are some pictures, hope this helps!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
If your only going up to 1.75 than with the TSB 4 leaf pack that they 2012s are coming with you should be sitting level so no need to do anything out back unless you bump it up to 2.5.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
Kmu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8BTacoma View Post
Kmu,

I actually just got 5100's all around with the ICON leaf pack in the back with 285's. I however set the front to 2.5". I had to trim a decent amount of the fender liner towards the bottom and I still need to trim some of the fender flare towards the inside, about 2". My wheels are 17x9 with 0 offset. It aligned with no problems. Here are some pictures, hope this helps!

Awsome truck, how does it ride in front with the bilstein set to 2.5"? I do a lot of dirt roads on my daily driving and some people say here that the ride suffers in front with the bilstein set at 2.5"

How does the rear ride with the bilstein and Icon add a pack? it must ride sweet!!!!

THX again
Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Kmu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
If your only going up to 1.75 than with the TSB 4 leaf pack that they 2012s are coming with you should be sitting level so no need to do anything out back unless you bump it up to 2.5.
I want to get the Icon add a pack for the rear to improve the ride quality on and off road.

What are the difference between the 2012 leaf packs and the other models?

THX
Old 10-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
The 2012s come with the 4 leaf pack that a lot of us with previous years had to have installed by Toyota thru the TSB since before that it was a 3 leaf pack that didn't take much weight to get the ass sagging and bottoming out. Hell my 400SM in the back dropped the ass a good bit.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
doodooboi is on a distinguished road
doodooboi's Tacoma Gallery
Never mind Put my question in what I believe is the correct thread.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #8
Kaitacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Kaitacoma's Tacoma Gallery
AV8BTacoma - Awesome Truck. I have a RR TRDSport and been trying to decide between the XD Cranks / Revolvers or Monsters....Seeing yours just made that decision for me! I'm on the East Coast tho, so no worries on having to deal with a local clone! BTW, do you have any issues with rubbing on the suspension running 285's with 0 offset and 2.5" lift??
Old 10-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
AV8BTacoma is on a distinguished road
Marines:
AV8BTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot. The cranks and lift totally changed the look of the entire truck, much more BA. I don't have any suspension rub, maybe only the slightest rub on the cab mount when going full lock in reverse, and that is only at full lock. I did have to trim a decent amount of plastic though but not a big deal and totally worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitacoma View Post
AV8BTacoma - Awesome Truck. I have a RR TRDSport and been trying to decide between the XD Cranks / Revolvers or Monsters....Seeing yours just made that decision for me! I'm on the East Coast tho, so no worries on having to deal with a local clone! BTW, do you have any issues with rubbing on the suspension running 285's with 0 offset and 2.5" lift??
Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
Kaitacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Kaitacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely one BA Truck....One of the best looking Trucks on here and I've seen IMO!! Appreciate the response regarding the potential tire rub...that was the one concern I had re: XD Cranks since they are only available with 0 offset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8BTacoma View Post
Thanks a lot. The cranks and lift totally changed the look of the entire truck, much more BA. I don't have any suspension rub, maybe only the slightest rub on the cab mount when going full lock in reverse, and that is only at full lock. I did have to trim a decent amount of plastic though but not a big deal and totally worth it.