LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tread Wright tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #23
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
Just in case anyone is interested in learning about the process that Tread Wright goes through to manufacture their tires, there are some interesting videos on their youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/TreadWright
Wow. Thank you for sharing. After seeing this, I will NEVER be on retreads for sure!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #24
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
My friend was sponsored by Treadwright when they first came out. I've seen them personally and I would never take them on a freeway, but the tires in that pic look 100x better than I saw so idk anymore.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I've only heard of the process. But now that I've seen it, it only verifies with me that they don't seem to be safe.

If you look at all of the vids, one of them shows that the core is a BFG. Granted BFGs are fine tires, but who is to say what you are REALLY getting underneath the pretty tread?

They are bonding old rubber to new rubber. Who inspects that bond? What kind of rigorous testing do they go through? There's a reason that someone said they are not to be used as steering tires.

I dunno. Maybe I'm a little paranoid. But my family's life depends upon the patch of tire that touches the road to keep them safe.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
good points. although if they were dangerous, i dont think the company would last long. not only people not buying them but regulations about safety.
True, they do have to be held to certain regulations. Maybe they are safe as tracking (rear) tires. But what concerns me are people who use them in front because they don't know.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #27
WizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WizzyTRDTXPRO's Tacoma Gallery
They are based 30 miles where I stay in South Dakota when I'm at work.
So if anyone would like I could go check out their factory.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #29
rdp5008 is on a distinguished road
Name: Russell
rdp5008's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #30
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp5008 View Post
I like mine.
I've heard/read the same from a number of Treadwright owners. For me, first-hand experience trumps opinions of non-owners that are based on watching a couple of 5-minute YouTube videos. Thanks for confirming I should keep these on my short-list for consideration when I replace my current tires!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #31
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
I'll just use them as spare. Just bought one a week ago,waiting for my wheel.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #32
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a thread with some reviews from a jeep forum.
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/...ng-term-Review

Here is his last post.
"
It has been a few months, so here is a little update on the tires:

Even with almost a year of wear on them, they still look like they were shipped to me last week. I seriously don't think that they are showing much in the way of road wear at all.

They are still quiet (for the most part), with only a slight whine when I am humming along at 40-50 mph, but seem to quiet down when I get to about 60.

I take them down to the Springs when I have to go to Reserve training and have seen no issues on the highway at speed.

I haven't done any trails this season, as of yet, but when I do, I will make another post. They do perform beautifully in the rain, snow and mud, as well as dry pavement. They still grip like crazy.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone that may be looking to their next set of tires. "
Old 11-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #33
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
never heard of them before. Looking forward to more reviews from you guys. Heck if you can save 500 bucks on a set of tires, thats more money for more mods!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #34
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
So far so good... and for theeed rating it is whatever the sidewall that is used says or is rated at.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #35
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
So far so good... and for theeed rating it is whatever the sidewall that is used says or is rated at.

how many miles on them so far?
Old 12-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #36
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post
how many miles on them so far?
Maybe 200 miles at the most.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #38
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
did you get the kedge grip?
Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #39

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
did you get the kedge grip?
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
You only running on the rear?
no front and rear.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #40

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
I have nothing but great things to say about these tires!!!