1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hubcap Clips...Where to Find?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by csnow, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Oct 24, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    csnow

csnow [OP] New Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma
    I have a first gen 95 Tacoma with the aluminum wheel covers. I recently had the wheel covers off and noticed that I had a couple of broken retainer clips. Does anyone know where I can find these? As you can see in the pics, the wheel covers are in good condition. Hate to pay money for a new one just because I need the clips (pic shows one that I riveted back on as it had rusted off).

IMG00050-20111024-1718.jpg
    IMG00049-20111024-1718.jpg

2. Jul 6, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    traumadoc2b

traumadoc2b New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma X-tra Cab 2WD 5-speed
    Were you ever able to find the clips? I have the same problem.

3. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:13 AM
    Lar37

Lar37 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma
    Were you ever able to find any of those clips? I'm looking fot them too. Thanks

4. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:27 AM
    JonathanH

JonathanH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    11' DCLB
    They come with the new wheel cover.

5. Jun 4, 2016 at 10:47 AM
    Lar37

Lar37 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma
    I have the wheel covers, all I need are some clips to keep them from falling off.

6. Nov 11, 2016 at 7:28 AM
    The Winged Beast

The Winged Beast New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    1997 Toyota Tacoma 2WD
    I have a 1997 Tacoma 2WD that also has these hubcaps. And, like most, I have lost a couple of the clips on mine as well. I contacted the manufacturer, McKechnie Vehicle Components (MVCUSA), in Nicholasville, KY to inquire where we owners may acquire the retention clips. The guy explained that the retention sub-assembly consisted of components acquired from different vendors and as near as he could determine, unfortunately it appears that the company that manufactured the retainer clip has gone out of business. Sorry folks. Looks as if we are out of luck for original replacements. However, I did try using some Gampak 1/4-in NM/SE Straps used for ground wires from Lowes https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gampak-50-Pack-1-4-in-NM-SE-Strap/3389524 . These are very similar in shape to the original clips. I doubled these up for strength, and attached them with nuts and bolts to the hubcap. Make sure you use washers and locking nuts to prevent them from backing off. So far (fingers crossed) these appear to be working. I'm keeping a good check on them every few days just to make sure. I may add more doubled up on either side of where I attached the first ones. I will have to drill holes, but that would be ok. Hope this helps. I'll try and post a picture of what I did later.

7. Jun 9, 2021 at 8:43 PM
    rarethm

rarethm New Member

Member:
    Just curious how your lowes straps worked as clips on your hubcaps. I too am having same issue, I used one hole straps and they didn't work at least not strong enough to keep the hubcap on. I also need another hubcap along with some retainer clips. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

Products Discussed in

To Top