Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Mud Flaps

View Poll Results: What to do with the mud flaps?
Keep em 77 48.73%
Toss em 81 51.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #21
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
all ican say is. most the shit at least on my taco get thrown pretty much right under mirror. not that far back.
Not on mine. I shortened the fronts by 4" and the rears by 1" before I lifted it 3" to keep them from scraping and now wish I hadn't.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #22
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
Took the front ones off. I have running boards that will protect the rest.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #23
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Not if you go off roading... and if serious off roading, the running boards will come off, too!

Because the second gen tacos have plastic and not rubber mud flaps, there is almost no give... as soon as your tire drops into a rut or over a big rock, the mud flap pops off! I never lost the mud flaps on my 2001 Taco... but my 2005 was constantly coming off... So, my 2010 I just took them off before my first off road trip... One actually came off the first time I tested A-TRAC is some dep ruts by the Drug Airport in San Marcos when my truck was a week old or so.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
trim for the win
Old 05-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #25
Rez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rez's Tacoma Gallery
I am not sure about USA but here in Canada, cops will pull you over if your truck doesn't have mud flaps, and send you for VI.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #26
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
I am not sure about USA but here in Canada, cops will pull you over if your truck doesn't have mud flaps, and send you for VI.
It varies by state. Some don't require them at all & some only require them on the rear.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #27
Thelt is on a distinguished road
Thelt's Tacoma Gallery
I took the front ones off and sold them on EBay. I bought a set of Husky replacements for the front. They are shorter than the factory flaps and have worked out well for me. I took the back ones off and sold them on EBay as well. the Husky brand rear flaps are the same length as the factory flaps so I bought a set of soft universal flaps and put them on the back. They work pretty well but I am not entirely happy with how it looks. It would be nice if the front and back matched. I may buy a rear set from Husky and trim them.

I have never taken my truck off road but I did have issues with rubbing the stock flaps because I live on a dirt road with some dips. Taking them off and leaving them off is not really an option for me since the rocks would chew up my paint due to the dirt road.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #28
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Toss is a strong word, considering I just sold mine on eBay for over 200 bucks....
Old 06-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #29
MSU Spartan is on a distinguished road
MSU Spartan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt View Post
I took the front ones off and sold them on EBay. I bought a set of Husky replacements for the front. They are shorter than the factory flaps and have worked out well for me. I took the back ones off and sold them on EBay as well. the Husky brand rear flaps are the same length as the factory flaps so I bought a set of soft universal flaps and put them on the back. They work pretty well but I am not entirely happy with how it looks. It would be nice if the front and back matched. I may buy a rear set from Husky and trim them.

I have never taken my truck off road but I did have issues with rubbing the stock flaps because I live on a dirt road with some dips. Taking them off and leaving them off is not really an option for me since the rocks would chew up my paint due to the dirt road.
I have a set of rear Husky's I'd make you a deal on. One has a light scuff and the set is missing the 3m tape. PM me if interested.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #30
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I like them. They look nice on tacomas. Too bad not a chance in hell would they do anything with 35s...
Old 10-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #31
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I'll sell you mine in case yours break off
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #32
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Got the husky mud flaps installed and they look great with ample protection and good ground clearance.