Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

where can i find these?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
where can i find these?

where can i find these?-814-jester-fblm-lg.jpg hey fellas, looking to run ballistic jesters, in black, over the winter season. winters can be rough here in illinois, but being as they are a powdercoated alloy thought they might hold up as long as i keep them clean. problem is having trouble locating them. my local discount tire has been trying to locate some locally since monday and the online vendors i contacted haven't yet replied. seen posts previously regarding these wheels and delays (as well as other wheel brands). so, any idea where i can cop some?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
myfirst06taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
myfirst06taco's Tacoma Gallery
I saw them on eBay the other day.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I was eyeballing them one day and had a chat with the tire guy that I've been dealing with for 23+ years while inquiring about them.

He told me that with those kind of 'internet only' wheels (he did not say the Ballistic name), what happens is that they will make a few thousand sets of them. In a year they will change the design slightly and relabel them as something else. Should something happen to your wheel warranty wise, then they can easily say that they no longer produce them and then offer you the new one at a price. That way the warranty does not have to be honored. Since there really isn't a warranty of reasonable time, the integrity of the wheel may be jeopardized. Hence, safety is a concern.

Not sure how true that is but it was enough to make me not buy 'internet only' wheels.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
I was eyeballing them one day and had a chat with the tire guy that I've been dealing with for 23+ years while inquiring about them.

He told me that with those kind of 'internet only' wheels (he did not say the Ballistic name), what happens is that they will make a few thousand sets of them. In a year they will change the design slightly and relabel them as something else. Should something happen to your wheel warranty wise, then they can easily say that they no longer produce them and then offer you the new one at a price. That way the warranty does not have to be honored. Since there really isn't a warranty of reasonable time, the integrity of the wheel may be jeopardized. Hence, safety is a concern.

Not sure how true that is but it was enough to make me not buy 'internet only' wheels.
very interesting, never heard of such. not aware the ballistics are only available online but i've been looking constantly all week. one online vendor just hit me back today, after initially stating they were on back-order for 30-90 days now says they'll be in first week of november!? another stated today 4-6 weeks and to check back then. anyway thanks for the input
Old 10-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've only found them online, which is why I ended up going to my tire guy. To see if he can get them in and tell me more about the company. He refuses to get them for me for the reason he stated. He didn't want me coming back to expect warranty in case something happened, because he simply will not be able to help me! Maybe they are no longer being produced in that style and going through the slight change??
Old 10-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
You check out tirerack.com?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #7

Ballistics aren't on the list?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/wheel-brands.jsp
Old 10-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully you don't find them...
Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post

Sounds like some over thinking if you ask me. There are a lot of wheels that are pretty similar to each other, wheel manufacturer's do this so that there isn't a fight over patents between different brands. We used to stock this wheel brand and I used to have a set on one of my trucks. There's nothing wrong with the quality of this wheel brand. We don't stock them anymore because they were too hard to get consistent stock.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #12

Thanks for the info! But if they have a patent on the style why would they change it so often, say...after a year?

So if somehow we were to get a set of these, do you think it would be easy to have them replaced under warranty should something happen? Do you have a pic of them on your truck so we can see how they look installed please?

I think they would go good on my red AC!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
Reads more than posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
Sounds like some over thinking if you ask me. There are a lot of wheels that are pretty similar to each other, wheel manufacturer's do this so that there isn't a fight over patents between different brands. We used to stock this wheel brand and I used to have a set on one of my trucks. There's nothing wrong with the quality of this wheel brand. We don't stock them anymore because they were too hard to get consistent stock.
interesting. i've been in contact w/ my local discount tire all week, with the exception of today, and he hasn't yet found the jesters currently available. they "special ordered" my current wheels and did a great job with the install. so, what do you suggest? keep looking online, or consider another wheel altogether?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #14
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
interesting. i've been in contact w/ my local discount tire all week, with the exception of today, and he hasn't yet found the jesters currently available. they "special ordered" my current wheels and did a great job with the install. so, what do you suggest? keep looking online, or consider another wheel altogether?
If you are set on this wheel keep working with your local Discount Tire location. If there is stock available they will be able to get it. As I mentioned before though it can be hard to get though so if there is no stock right now you may want to consider another wheel.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #15
Reads more than posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
If you are set on this wheel keep working with your local Discount Tire location. If there is stock available they will be able to get it. As I mentioned before though it can be hard to get though so if there is no stock right now you may want to consider another wheel.
sigh...............will do.....searching that is..........really like the jesters,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks anyway
Old 10-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #16

Discount tire guy didn't answer MY questions.

So I'm guessing they are only a dream for us now.

*sigh*