Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFgoodrich vs nitto terra grappler

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
fltaco000 is on a distinguished road
fltaco000's Tacoma Gallery
BFgoodrich vs nitto terra grappler

what should i go for the nitto terra grappler all terrains or the bfgoodrich all terrains? give me your opinion thanks
Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I personally prefer the BFG A/T. More than half the people I know who wheel run those and LOVE them.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I used to run BFG exclusively. UNTIL I tried the Nitto TG's. In AZ, I have found the Nittos to grip every surface much better than the BFG's did. Even underwater, the Nittos seemed to grip the slickest rocks. ANd they shed mud much better than the BFG's. The BFG's are a stronger tire, with a 3 ply sidewall as opposed to Nittos 2 ply, but this gives the Nittos a better ride on the street. On Average, the Nittos are a few bucks cheaper than the BFG's.
All this aside, you really cant go wrong with EITHER tire!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
I'm running Nitto TG! They are awesome, almost half the price of BFGs. I paid $460 OTD for 265/75/16s.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Dang I paid like $1030 for my nitto dunes...285/65/18 though
Old 11-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
fltaco000 is on a distinguished road
fltaco000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
I'm running Nitto TG! They are awesome, almost half the price of BFGs. I paid $460 OTD for 265/75/16s.
are you running those on a stock height no lift?
Old 11-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #8
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltaco000 View Post
are you running those on a stock height no lift?
I'm running 5100s set to 2.5" in the front and a 2" AAL in the rear. I have seen plenty of people run them a stock suspension. Its the biggest tire you can run without a lift.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #9
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
Dang I paid like $1030 for my nitto dunes...285/65/18 though
I just bought dunes in 285/75/16 for 660-ish...
Old 11-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I have BFGoodrich and absolutly pleased, I was all set to buy the nittos but then saw the BF's and couldn't pass them up
Old 11-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #13
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I have BFGoodrich and absolutly pleased, I was all set to buy the nittos but then saw the BF's and couldn't pass them up. Torenapart what size r ur rims, I saw them at the shop and think about getting this rims.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:24 AM   #14
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
I just got Nitto's for $120 a tire vs. BFG's at $200 a tire. I've only had them on a few weeks, so I can't comment on wear, but road noise is minimal I actually noticed less noise than the Dunlops and the traction is much better. I'm pleased, will see how they hold up, BFG was my original choice.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #15
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Got to test my Nitto's in rain for the 1st time yesterday and I am more than pleased. The traction is awesome, I tried to get them to slip and slide a little just to see how they would do and they held on tight.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #16
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

dgalleon's Tacoma Gallery
This is my debate now.... BFG All terrains or.... nitto TG...
Old 02-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #17
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
What about the toyo open country a/t's?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #18
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

dgalleon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
What about the toyo open country a/t's?

any experience with the Toyo's?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I've had this set that I'm currently running for 11,000 miles and they still look new! They seem to shed water and snow pretty good, and they are quiet. I haven't done any serious wheeling with them though. But they seem to be a pretty good all around tire!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #20
thebigoleworm is on a distinguished road
Name: JEREMY
thebigoleworm's Tacoma Gallery
white lettered

I have to tell you i'm a huge raised white lettered tire fan, so BFG's have always been my choice on several trucks, but my truck now has Mastercraft courser M/T's they have over half tread on them and were on the truck when i got it, so I havent got rid of them yet. These tires have really bad road noise has anyone else had this problem? Are these tires that noisey?
Attached Thumbnails
BFgoodrich vs nitto terra grappler-jj-042.jpg   BFgoodrich vs nitto terra grappler-jj-041.jpg   BFgoodrich vs nitto terra grappler-jj-044.jpg   BFgoodrich vs nitto terra grappler-jj-048.jpg   BFgoodrich vs nitto terra grappler-jj-043.jpg