Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

My Painted Wheels and New Tires!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
My Painted Wheels and New Tires!

hey guys, this past weekend the weather finally let me paint my wheels, it was definitely a fun project, heres my little walk through... i also wanna thank everyones walk throughs and JHodge for helping me out on my questions.

the supplies i used are in the picture below...i first taped off the wheel, then i sanded a little with a 320 grit, too off the residue with the pre wipe, then attacked it with a tack cloth..

i then put two layers of self etch primer

i then put 3 layers of duplicolor wheel paint Black on the wheels and also on the caps.

ill post better pictures once i wash it. New grille and painted emblems next, also 5050 on getting black lugs
Old 11-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Oh yeah, that looks excellent!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Looks pretty sweet i have been dabating the idea of going black rims on my black truck. This goes on the "pro" side for sure! Nice work.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Get you some spray foam tire cleaner (not polish). Gets them nice and black but not oily shiny looking. You'd be amazed how well it compliments black wheels.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #7
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Get you some spray foam tire cleaner (not polish). Gets them nice and black but not oily shiny looking. You'd be amazed how well it compliments black wheels.
thanks for the heads up, yea the tires are really dirty right now, i gotta get a good wash in, i was just excited of the product and had to post the pics

what you guys think, stock lugs or get some black ones?
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks awesome bro!!!! black lug nuts will look great!!! get them from wheelers!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #9

I painted my lugnuts black, kinda wish I'd left them chrome now.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #11
trick61 is on a distinguished road
trick61's Tacoma Gallery
look Good!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #12
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
That looks awesome!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
truck looks awesome bro!!!! black lug nuts will look great!!! get them from wheelers!!!

Hell yea nice find! thanks, been looking for those

everyone else thanks for the nice comments
Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #14
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
damn tacoskim that is one aggressive lookin' truck.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #15
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
damn tacoskim that is one aggressive lookin' truck.
Thanks man, now just gotta get rid of that grille
Old 11-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #16

what's wrong with your grill? looks good to me!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #17
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
what's wrong with your grill? looks good to me!
ive had it for awhile now and ive always liked the mesh grillecraft but never wanted to cut the original grille, but now i think its time