1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Wearing Un-Evenly Getting aggrevating.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by wesrunner, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Nov 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    wesrunner

wesrunner [OP] Gang Gang

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    It's paid for.
    a buncha fuckin toyotas
    So On my Tacoma, I'd been driving around on a damaged steering rack. There was an inch or so of play in it, and it was leaking.

Last year I got new front tires, and an alignment, because the passenger's side tire was wearing out along the outer edge. The alignment guy said my rack was broken, and he could align it, but he didn't know if it would stay and he wouldn't warranty it.

He "did the alignment," but said the printer was broken and he couldn't give me a spec sheet. right...
    :mad:

I opted not to have it fixed when he offered, because I had a spare that I figured I'd replace whenever I got the time.

Well, after the new tires and the alignment the truck drove straight, so I had no complaints.

Sure enough though, the tire started to wear along the edge. I got swamped with school and work, and never had enough time to do the job, so it got to the point where when I turned right to get on the interstate (long sweeping curve) the steering wheel would start wobbling.

So I finally got my rack put on, and went ahead and put all new tires on it since the last one's were cheapies. Had it aligned, and got my spec sheets in and everything. Truck drove straight just like last time. But now when I leave the gravel parking lot at work and get home, the outer edge of my driver's side tire has the white dust on it, while the passenger side does not. It's a nice and rich BLACK. Like fresh rubber. :mad:

WTF.

2. Nov 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    Is the air pressure the same in all the tires? Do the chalk line test and see how it is maybe your your turning too fast it could be a lot of things.

3. Nov 2, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    are you sure all of your front end parts are good? How long has it been since the alignment, can you have them re-check it at no cost?

4. Nov 2, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    wesrunner

wesrunner [OP] Gang Gang

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    It's paid for.
    a buncha fuckin toyotas
    thanks. I checked the pressure before the alignment, I probably need to do i again. I have a warranty on the alignment this time around, so I'm going to bring it in. and the new tires and alignment were all within 1 week of eachother. That was 3 weeks ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top