Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

... my NEW Firestone Destination's ...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
... my NEW Firestone Destination's ...

bought Firestone Destination 265/75 16's a few days ago, thanks to a member on here. saw his pics (dont remember who it was, but he had before and after pics and it was all black) and like what i saw so i went ahead and got new shoes. better ride than the stock tires and pretty good price for some A/T's. heres a quick pic of the tires.....

Old 11-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Done any wheeling with them yet?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Nah not yet, literally only had them on for 3 days. Planning to go wheeling when I have time away from work... Whenever that is
Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Nice tires they fill well well.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
crashnrondo is on a distinguished road
crashnrondo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting these put on Sunday. What stock tires did you have? Are these quieter?

Thanks,
Ron
Old 11-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #6

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnrondo View Post
I'm getting these put on Sunday. What stock tires did you have? Are these quieter?

Thanks,
Ron
i had the stock Dunlop Grand Trek 245/75's. they're both quiet but my new Firestone's definitely ride smoother than the old stocks.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same on my truck, except i have the white facing out, my next set wont though

They have worked well for me so far, they have done well for the very limited amount of offroading that i do, but they did great in the snow last winter. Hopefully one of these days i will be able to go wheeling with it
Old 11-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
crashnrondo is on a distinguished road
crashnrondo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
i had the stock Dunlop Grand Trek 245/75's. they're both quiet but my new Firestone's definitely ride smoother than the old stocks.
Thanks!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
kogary is on a distinguished road
kogary's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the same tires (except mine are 245) about a month ago. It snowed last week and they did great! I'm very happy with them. I saw about a 1-2 mpg decrease, but overall I think it's worth it for the added traction in the snow.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #10

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I have the same on my truck, except i have the white facing out, my next set wont though
ya i was indecisive on whether or should do whiteout or blackout. couldnt make up my mind, so last minute i chose blackout
Old 11-06-2011, 03:17 AM   #11
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
any rubbing with the front flaps....
Old 11-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #12

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
any rubbing with the front flaps....
nope
Old 11-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kogary View Post
I just got the same tires (except mine are 245) about a month ago. It snowed last week and they did great! I'm very happy with them. I saw about a 1-2 mpg decrease, but overall I think it's worth it for the added traction in the snow.
Decrease in mpg might be contributed to the winter blend of gas that should or is available now at the pump.

OP, nice tires!