Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Another wheel spacer question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'd buy 4 to make it all look the same. u can tell if the front stick out 1.23"
Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had spacers put on and could not get the front wheels to balance properly, kept getting a shimmy at freeway speeds, ended up not needing them for the tires I have so I took them off. Don't know if anyone else has had that problem but good luck with yours.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I put all 4 on and during install you could tell which ones had it and which ones did not.
I figured that this would be the case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOTaco View Post
I had spacers put on and could not get the front wheels to balance properly, kept getting a shimmy at freeway speeds, ended up not needing them for the tires I have so I took them off. Don't know if anyone else has had that problem but good luck with yours.
Thanks for the heads up - I hope it works! What kind of spacers did you buy?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know the brand they were whatever the local tire store had
Old 11-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I have the spydertrax spacers on the front not the rear. I personally dont think it looks right and am planning on putting some on the rear too.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
SpiderTrax is what I have and they are hubcentric. Looks nice on all 4 wheels and you won't get a wobble or vibration with these.