LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

285/75R16 on a 2012?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
285/75R16 on a 2012?

Hi all. First post. I did search but that was no help. My 2012 came stock with 265/60 18. I am looking at getting the factory TRD bead lock rims (16") as a second set for off road use only. I am thinking of the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar. They do make a 265/75R16. I do not plan on lifting this vehicle. I do not plan on doing any real wheeling with this since it is my work truck. It always seems like you can go with one size over stock with out problems so I was thinking of the 285/75R16. This will only add 1/2 inch per side width and radius over stock. Any 2012ers tried a 285? I will not do any trimming so I do not want any rubbing. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You need 2 1/2" of lift , wheel spacers , lose the mudflaps and trim the inner fender to run 285's
Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
Anyone put a 285/75R16 on a unlifted 2012? Any rubbing?
You are probably a bit too early with the 2012's to get an answer. However since Toyota did not change the suspension or the fenders other then near the headlights you situation would be the same as any owner from 2005 on. Unfortunately the answer is no. You need a lift, wheel spacers, and some trimming as posted above. If you do not want to lift it then a whole bunch of trimming and you will still need wheel spacers otherwise it will rub on the frame, UCA, and LCA.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Read reply the guy took the time to post.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
munkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

munkeeboi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You need 2 1/2" of lift , wheel spacers , lose the mudflaps and trim the inner fender to run 285's

Like he said, no way to run 285's without modifications.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
jdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Jimmy
jdhaas3's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 3 inch toytec lift and i am running 285/75r/16, no trimming required...you get ver minimal rub only at max turn...this is on an 11 though
Old 11-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Why do you want the TRD beadlocks for off roading? You know they are fake beadlocks, right? Its a waste of money, just get a cheap set of steel wheels.
True, those Toyota wheels are way too expensive to beat up on the trails. If you want a second set of wheels to beat up watch the classifieds on KSL. I saw a set of TRD wheels / tires on there for $200 today.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #13
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj973gm View Post
Read reply the guy took the time to post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
True, those Toyota wheels are way too expensive to beat up on the trails. If you want a second set of wheels to beat up watch the classifieds on KSL. I saw a set of TRD wheels / tires on there for $200 today.
I don't know why I always forget to check KSL? There are some great deals on there.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #14
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It will run as shit!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Or 255/80/16
Ya, thats what im rolling on and lots of room. My 255/85/16's have more clearance than the 265/75/16'S BFG T/A KO's. Had just a little rub on the driver side mud flap at full turn (ya people with a 3" lift) no clue Y.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #16
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
Ya, thats what im rolling on and lots of room. My 255/85/16's have more clearance than the 265/75/16'S BFG T/A KO's. Had just a little rub on the driver side mud flap at full turn (ya people with a 3" lift) no clue Y.
Sorry I'm rolling on 255/85/16"s now. and the 265/75/16's did not rub with out a lift. Just goes to show ya. I kept thinking it was the lift klunking untill I pulled the wheels to put on the new rubber.