Notices

Polished rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
htowntaco23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
htowntaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Polished rims

I have been looking at getting some new rims for my Tacoma and although I am a fan of black rims I do not really like how they blend in with the tire. Does anybody know of any polished rims that would look good on a black Tacoma? Thanks for your help
Old 11-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Black can scratch easy and shows dirt, chrome can rust and is cheesy IMFUO and aluminum can tarnish.

Aluminum is the easiset to fix yourself when they get dingy or scratched a little. Cheaper than re-chroming or re-painting.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
htowntaco23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
htowntaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
Black can scratch easy and shows dirt, chrome can rust and is cheesy IMFUO and aluminum can tarnish.

Aluminum is the easiset to fix yourself when they get dingy or scratched a little. Cheaper than re-chroming or re-painting.
Do you know of any that look good. I heard pro comp makes some nice ones and maybe even dick cepeck.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntaco23 View Post
Do you know of any that look good. I heard pro comp makes some nice ones and maybe even dick cepeck.

Looks are subjective, so I can't answer that one.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If you are completely uncertain, go to the photoshop thread. Have a perfect side view pic of your truck, and a couple of different wheels you are looking at with pics of them. The guys over there have helped out a lot of people with wheel decisions.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
Mytoyo2
mytoyo2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
mytoyo2's Tacoma Gallery
go to tire rack you dont need a pict of the truck and they got plenty of rims to choose from
Old 11-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytoyo2 View Post
go to tire rack you dont need a pict of the truck and they got plenty of rims to choose from
+1 forgot about that, good call.