1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Polished rims

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by htowntaco23, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Nov 10, 2011 at 10:39 PM
    htowntaco23

htowntaco23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Carr side steps, Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust, Spyder projector headlights, black housing LED taillights, 2 10' JL Audio subs, Polk amp, Famous Fabrication hood mount brackets, 2 Rigid Industries Dually LEDs
    I have been looking at getting some new rims for my Tacoma and although I am a fan of black rims I do not really like how they blend in with the tire. Does anybody know of any polished rims that would look good on a black Tacoma? Thanks for your help

2. Nov 11, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    BLP

BLP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryson
    Stem, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s front and rear, front set to .85 with ome 885 coil springs, 1.5" aal, nitto trail grapplers 285/75/16, level 8 guardian wheels, delta toolbox painted black, tinted tail lights, black headlights with 6k HIDs, smoked fog lights with 6k HIDs, weathertechs, usa spec pa15 ipod adapter, single in dual out flowmaster 10 series with 3.5" tips and secondary cats removed, 20% tint, coverking neosupreme seat covers, color matched grill.
    A lot of people say that polished is kinda hard to keep clean. Another option would be to get black with machined accents somewhere around the wheel to break up the all black.

3. Nov 11, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Black can scratch easy and shows dirt, chrome can rust and is cheesy IMFUO and aluminum can tarnish.

Aluminum is the easiset to fix yourself when they get dingy or scratched a little. Cheaper than re-chroming or re-painting.

4. Nov 12, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    htowntaco23

htowntaco23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Carr side steps, Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust, Spyder projector headlights, black housing LED taillights, 2 10' JL Audio subs, Polk amp, Famous Fabrication hood mount brackets, 2 Rigid Industries Dually LEDs
    Do you know of any that look good. I heard pro comp makes some nice ones and maybe even dick cepeck.

5. Nov 12, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap

Looks are subjective, so I can't answer that one.

6. Nov 12, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    If you are completely uncertain, go to the photoshop thread. Have a perfect side view pic of your truck, and a couple of different wheels you are looking at with pics of them. The guys over there have helped out a lot of people with wheel decisions.

7. Nov 12, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    mytoyo2

mytoyo2 Mytoyo2

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    va
    Vehicle:
    08tacoma4x4 5spd 4cyl
    afe cold air intake,tornado fuel miser,body armor front bumper,dual magna flow exhaust,blacked out factory rims and fender flares,baja lights,cooper ATR tires,Gforce,hood scoop,peel n seal bed cover,chrome nerf bars
    go to tire rack you dont need a pict of the truck and they got plenty of rims to choose from

8. Nov 12, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    +1 forgot about that, good call.

Products Discussed in

To Top