Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Which wheel and tire size

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
Which wheel and tire size

Ok guys I am going to buy wheels and tire this week. I need advise on what size to go with. I have 2" front leveling kit with rear tsb done. Sits pretty level.
16x8 with a 265/75r16 or
17x9 with a 265/70r17. Here are the wheels. Tires will be cooper sst's.
I think this will look good on a Speedway Blue Taco. What size guys?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the 16" wheels.... offroad wheels IMO are supposed to be small with lots of rubber!!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
depends on where you drive it. if you go off road then the 16's will be less susceptible to damage and can be aired down more, but the 17's will be slightly less sidewall and make it handle a little better on the road.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
+1. I always liked less wheel and more tire.

If I could put 15s on my '09, I would.
I have a nice set of 15" wheels setting in my basement off of my 99 taco!!!! i want them on my 08 so bad but they won't fit!!!