1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yokohama AT-S

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bt08231, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Nov 12, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    bt08231

bt08231 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    Just wanted to throw this up here for anyone that may be interested in these, they dont really seem all that popular. Got these put on a few weeks ago, i dont drive the truck much so I have only put 500 or so street miles on them, short of a quick drive thru a corn field. They are D rated LTs, they ride great and are extremely quite. I was told by my brother who mounted them that they were a pain to balance. I guess he did a good job then, no vibes. They do seem to want to wonder ever so slightly, this may just be me comparing them to pussy little p rated dunflops they replaced. They are 50lbs a piece so i am sure i will see a slight decrease in MPG, but its also getting cold around here so that will also effect them. I intially wanted the bfg ats, but the last set of bfg km1s i had on my jeep got some serious serious dry rot in the sidewalls. This truck sits alot so I didnt want to deal with that again, hopefully this rubber is good. I love the way they look, pics dont do justice. As far as these rims, I painted them well over 2 years ago and have yet to touch them up once, cannot belive how well they are holding up. As far as that dent, any ideas on how or where to get it fixed? I kinda like it without the fender.... oh by the way these were $584 shipped to my door, free mount and balance courtesy of toyota lol

IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1135.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg

2. Jan 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    bt08231

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    update, i have around 2000 miles on them now. Hit some decent dry snow this past week. Very dry powder. Tires did ok, definetly had to use 4 wheel drive, truck was empty and the rear didnt want to hook up well. Snow was around 6-8 inchs. Tires did great. My only concern/annoyance with them would be that these things hold rocks and throw them out like non other. After a trip to WV some parts of the tread are literally packed with small rocks and pebbles. All around, pretty satisfied....

3. Jan 16, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    I'm thinking about the same tires.

Worried about the snow traction though.

4. Jan 16, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    Gregman

Gregman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Freddy Beach, NB
    Vehicle:
    05 DC LB 4x4 SR5
    If you're worried about snow traction, get a snow tire. I got some Yokohama Geolander I/T snow tires last winter and they are frigging amaising in the snow and on ice.

[​IMG]

5. Jan 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    I had these for a couple of weeks and had them balanced several times with no luck. I even had the tire shop order a new set in a different load range and still no luck. I ran the older style AT II's on my 04 and liked them alot so I figured I would giive them a shot. They were heavy, squirmy and loud and ended up getting a full refund. This was about 2 and a half years ago and I've been running Duratracs ever since then.

6. Apr 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    bt08231

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    4k Update: Had them out on some rocky trails this weekend, sharp bedrock and small sharp rock and gravel, little bit of mud, nothing too serious. My main concern was clunking and cutting of the tread that these trails produced in my bfg mud km1's, but none that i noticed, they did great, awesome traction, huge difference than the dunlops obviously

7. Jul 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    bt08231

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    6k update, had them in sand this past week, wet sand was possible without airing down and in 2wd, dry sand, no chance, air them down and they did great. Float nice, nice wide patch, handled perfectly. They seem to be getting ever so slightly louder, the slight wonder on the highway seems to be gone as well. Great tire so far for the price! Running them at 40 psi fyi

Products Discussed in

To Top