1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why no offset?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by scalfee90, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    scalfee90

scalfee90 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Sylacauga, AL
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma Manual 3.4L
    Custom skid plate, rock rails, front bumper & rear bumper, pioneer head unit with 3-way pioneer components, blinker mod, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s, Procomp AALs, American Racing Sawblades, M/Ts, BPV Bracket, deckplate, LED Dash
    I noticed that not many people backspace their wheels and tires. I personally like it when they poke out about an inch or two. Whats your opinion?

2. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    I don't do it because I don't own a 4wd. But if I did I still wouldn't because my buddys lifted F-150 is completely anhilated on the sides because his terra-grapplers like to pick everything up they can and put those things onto the paint. The rest of his truck is showroom condition. Not sure if taco's have that same problem.

3. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Most folks who are lifted run wider wheels with one inch less backspacing than stock. The net result is wheels that stick out 2-3" more than stock. are you meaning why don't people make them stick out even more than that?

4. Nov 12, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    scalfee90

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Sylacauga, AL
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma Manual 3.4L
    Custom skid plate, rock rails, front bumper & rear bumper, pioneer head unit with 3-way pioneer components, blinker mod, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s, Procomp AALs, American Racing Sawblades, M/Ts, BPV Bracket, deckplate, LED Dash
    Yeah, I had someone type that for me like that. lol

5. Nov 12, 2011 at 1:28 PM
    scalfee90

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Sylacauga, AL
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma Manual 3.4L
    I know from having friends with 40's you just about cant stay between the lines in the road because they of having so much backspacing. With a toyota you might could get more backspacing though? I was referring more toward lifted trucks with like "forward" spacing lol. Some people almost look like they have there stuffed tucked in like a gay dude. :p

6. Nov 12, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    scalfee90

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Sylacauga, AL
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma Manual 3.4L
    This is what I had in mind for an example. Don't you think this truck would look better with some 10s 12s inch wheels?

[​IMG]

with backspacing…

[​IMG]

7. Nov 12, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    In order to get tires to stick out, you would need very little backspacing, not "so much backspacing".

And the reason people don't do that on here is because with a mild (3") lift, if you push the tires out further than ~3" from stock, the outside of the tires will star to rub on the fenders when turning.

Products Discussed in

To Top