Notices

Why no offset?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
scalfee90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
scalfee90's Tacoma Gallery
Why no offset?

I noticed that not many people backspace their wheels and tires. I personally like it when they poke out about an inch or two. Whats your opinion?
Old 11-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't do it because I don't own a 4wd. But if I did I still wouldn't because my buddys lifted F-150 is completely anhilated on the sides because his terra-grapplers like to pick everything up they can and put those things onto the paint. The rest of his truck is showroom condition. Not sure if taco's have that same problem.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
You mean backspace ?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Most folks who are lifted run wider wheels with one inch less backspacing than stock. The net result is wheels that stick out 2-3" more than stock. are you meaning why don't people make them stick out even more than that?
Old 11-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
You mean backspace ?
Yeah, I had someone type that for me like that. lol
Old 11-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Most folks who are lifted run wider wheels with one inch less backspacing than stock. The net result is wheels that stick out 2-3" more than stock. are you meaning why don't people make them stick out even more than that?
I know from having friends with 40's you just about cant stay between the lines in the road because they of having so much backspacing. With a toyota you might could get more backspacing though? I was referring more toward lifted trucks with like "forward" spacing lol. Some people almost look like they have there stuffed tucked in like a gay dude.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #7

This is what I had in mind for an example. Don't you think this truck would look better with some 10s 12s inch wheels?

with backspacing…

Old 11-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalfee90 View Post
I know from having friends with 40's you just about cant stay between the lines in the road because they of having so much backspacing. With a toyota you might could get more backspacing though? I was referring more toward lifted trucks with like "forward" spacing lol. Some people almost look like they have there stuffed tucked in like a gay dude.
In order to get tires to stick out, you would need very little backspacing, not "so much backspacing".

And the reason people don't do that on here is because with a mild (3") lift, if you push the tires out further than ~3" from stock, the outside of the tires will star to rub on the fenders when turning.