Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cooper Discoverer ATP

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #21
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I just went to a Cooper dealer Saturday to get a price on the AT3's and they told me the ATP was the older version of the AT3 and was being discontinued.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #22
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I just went to a Cooper dealer Saturday to get a price on the AT3's and they told me the ATP was the older version of the AT3 and was being discontinued.
Wow, that information is totally incorrect. The ATP is a new tire that is being made exclusively for Discount Tire.

The ATP is basically a cross between the A/T3 and the Zeon LTZ, with similar tread characteristics, and a sidewall slightly more agressive than the A/T3 but slightly less aggressive than the Zeon LTZ.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #23
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates on these tires?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
BillJC is on a distinguished road

Name: Bill
BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
I did end up getting new tires, but they were not these. Ended up getting 255/85 R16 BFG KM2's. Not quite the AT tire I was looking for, but the local tire shop had them in stock. I was leaning away from them at first until I read about how easy ther were to drive in the street. I can definitely say though, that I am impressed with the performance so far. I was going to get the ATP's and then I visited a local shop and ran across the KM2's. The offer was too good to pass up.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #25
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJC View Post
I did end up getting new tires, but they were not these. Ended up getting 255/85 R16 BFG KM2's. Not quite the AT tire I was looking for, but the local tire shop had then in stock. I was leaning away from them at first until I read about how easy ther were to drive in the street. I can definitely say though, that I am impressed with the performance so far. I was going to get the ATP's and then I visited a local shop and ran across the KM2's. The offer was too good to pass up.
Have any pictures?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
The AT3 replaced the Discoverer ATR. The ATR was discontinued early last year.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #27
BillJC is on a distinguished road

Name: Bill
BillJC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Have any pictures?
Here's a quick cell phone pic I took at work the day I got them.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #28
Got Beer?
BeerHat will become famous soon enoughBeerHat will become famous soon enough

BeerHat's Tacoma Gallery
Initial Impressions

Picked up a set of these 265/75/16 Discoverer ATP from discount and mounted them on stock trd rims. I did not get the LT-rated version, but these tires are also not P-rated as they are higher rated, so uhhhh PT?

My Initial impressions
On road:
Handling manners are nice. The sidewalls are stiff enough to allow decent response and soft enough that it is not breaking your back. The tire seems quiet (can't really hear them inside the cab over other road noise) and the rolling resistance appears minimal (I did not notice a drop in gas mileage due to the heavier/more aggressive tire). On wet streets, the tires seem to hook up well, even during a right hand turn.

Off Road:
I aired them down to around 15-16 psi at which the sidewalls were just starting to bulge a little. Did some light to moderate wheeling and I played in some loose mud, dirt, and rocks with little to no trouble. The tires did surprisingly well in clearing out the mud...granted this is not the clay shit that sticks to everything. But the tread was almost as clean as some of the guys running KM2s. Ran them through rocks(sometimes with wheel speed) and the lugs/sidewalls did fine. The lugs did not chunk and the sidewalls did not cut.

Again these are initial impressions, I got < 1000 miles on them, but I've been pleased with their performance so far. If they keep this up, for the price, very hard to beat.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #29
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHat View Post
Picked up a set of these 265/75/16 Discoverer ATP from discount and mounted them on stock trd rims. I did not get the LT-rated version, but these tires are also not P-rated as they are higher rated, so uhhhh PT?

My Initial impressions
On road:
Handling manners are nice. The sidewalls are stiff enough to allow decent response and soft enough that it is not breaking your back. The tire seems quiet (can't really hear them inside the cab over other road noise) and the rolling resistance appears minimal (I did not notice a drop in gas mileage due to the heavier/more aggressive tire). On wet streets, the tires seem to hook up well, even during a right hand turn.

Off Road:
I aired them down to around 15-16 psi at which the sidewalls were just starting to bulge a little. Did some light to moderate wheeling and I played in some loose mud, dirt, and rocks with little to no trouble. The tires did surprisingly well in clearing out the mud...granted this is not the clay shit that sticks to everything. But the tread was almost as clean as some of the guys running KM2s. Ran them through rocks(sometimes with wheel speed) and the lugs/sidewalls did fine. The lugs did not chunk and the sidewalls did not cut.

Again these are initial impressions, I got < 1000 miles on them, but I've been pleased with their performance so far. If they keep this up, for the price, very hard to beat.
Thanks for the review, would you mind posting up some pictures please?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJC View Post
Here's a quick cell phone pic I took at work the day I got them.

Much better looking tires IMO...
Old 02-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #32
Got Beer?

BeerHat's Tacoma Gallery
Some Pictures

I am rocking stock suspension and they still dirty from the trip:

Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #33
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Cortland and I will be getting the Cooper ATP's installed on Tuesday in a 285/75/16. Super stoked!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #34
Got Beer?

BeerHat's Tacoma Gallery
just an update: 3 wheeling trips in rocks/trees and 5k miles; no sidewall cuts, bruises. The lugs are not chunking. Did get stuck in some mud; tried to get around a pit but slid in and I could not get out. this is the same clay mud pit that ate a 4runner on 35s, so can't complain .

Highway, I've noticed a little more noise, but I am thinking this is due to the outer part of the tire being worn down faster because my alignment is out of wack. The rear tires have plenty of tread on them, need to measure.

Still pleased with them, though they look small now that I have a 2" lift on the truck.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #35
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper ATP

A little late on the post, but I got these about a year ago and I've got no complaints. It's dark out now, but I'll post some pics tomorrow. I got my 275/75/16's through Discount Tire cheap for $110 b/c I bought wheels with them. I've had them in GA mud a lot and can't complain at all for an all-terrain tire.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #36
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a set on Thursday installed. Only put about 40 miles on them. So far much more quite then my older Wildcat AT on the road. Pics in sig.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #37
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MY AT3's

Here are mine, about a year later: 265/75R/16 with 16'' MB wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Cooper Discoverer ATP-securedownload-7.jpg   Cooper Discoverer ATP-securedownload-6.jpg   Cooper Discoverer ATP-securedownload-5.jpg  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #38
Super Jesus
tacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoman00's Tacoma Gallery
Cant say anything about those, but i currently have the Cooper Zeon LTZ on my truck, and they are fairly aggresive all terrain, the have great traction in snow ice mud and wet roads, as well as doing great on the beach. very quiet on the roads and have lasted 60,000 miles so far.. they probably have 10k left in em at the most. They are great all around tires, check em out!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #39
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
Here are mine, about a year later: 15/75R/16 with 16'' MB wheels
awefully small don't ya think
Old 07-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
awefully small don't ya think
Woops, meant to say 265/75R/16...