Notices

Best looking black rims

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
Best looking black rims

I am looking for some black rims for my taco but dont know which ones to choose, post some pics of some awesome ones!!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
Lemon
GreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreySky72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GreySky72's Tacoma Gallery
Moto Metal 957s matt black
Old 11-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
rattle canned stock wheels
Old 11-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
X2 I really like the look of black TRD OffRoad wheels.

But... I just ordered new rims on Friday.. XD Enduro's.
awesome...i have an Enduro poster on my wall...pretty sweet looking wheels
Old 11-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
I wanted 16" Enduros but they are on backorder until after the 1st of the year. So I went to 17's and bought a set of KM2's for them. I bought 16" KM2's about 2 weeks ago so when I decided to buy new rims I have to take the 16's back. But I got them all at Discount Tire and they have a 30 day return policy so its not too much hassle. They price matched any price I could find for the whole deal. Pretty good deal IMO.
tire rack has 255/75/17s on sale for like 59 bucks a pop for the KMs...old tread pattern
Old 11-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
thats a killer price!
yup...too bad i dont run 17s or that size or id totally snatch up a couple for spares
Old 11-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I have the KMC XD 795 Hoss wheels:

Old 11-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #10
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nice choice...those are the wheels I want to get whenever I can afford new wheels & tires. Where'd you buy them from?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #11
Quitting is for Quitters
awymore997 has a spectacular aura aboutawymore997 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
awymore997's Tacoma Gallery
Chock me up as aonther vote for enduros!
Old 11-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugmynuts View Post
pro comp 7089..one of my fav's
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
rattle canned stock wheels
Quote:

Agreed with all of the above.

The wheels that come with the TRD O/R Rugged Trail have also really started to grow on me as well.

I personally have zero intention on ever getting rid of my stock wheels. If I got sick of 'em I'd just rattle can them black.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
these are the ones i'm contemplating when i switch to black wheels:
American racing Thug in Teflon: http://asp.americanracing.com/dealer...mega/m3991.jpg
American Racing Chamber in Teflon: http://asp.americanracing.com/dealer...mega/m3985.jpg
KMC XD Revolver: http://www.kmcwheels.com/kmc_images/...verBlk_big.jpg
KMC XD Spy: http://www.kmcwheels.com/kmc_images/...spyBlk_big.jpg
Old 11-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #14
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
tire rack has 255/75/17s on sale for like 59 bucks a pop for the KMs...old tread pattern
Careful with tire rack. Once you do shipping & installation it jacks the price up way more than it would cost to buy from a local dealer. I checked when I bought my tires recently. Tire rack was going to be about a $100 more than Goodyear.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #15
TRDnAZ is a jewel in the roughTRDnAZ is a jewel in the roughTRDnAZ is a jewel in the roughTRDnAZ is a jewel in the rough

TRDnAZ's Tacoma Gallery
I think the best looking and most particle replacement black wheel for our Tacoma's is the FJ Limited Edition Trail Teams wheel or any wheel from an FJ. There are three styles:

PT904-35071 - Gray Gunmetal.
PT904-35070 - Silver.
PTR20-35080 - Matte Black (powder coated).

I have the Matte Black powder coated version. Fitment is not an issue and backspacing is perfect for lifted Tacoma’s as far as not needing to use spacers. And with less backspacing you reduce the odds of your wheel and tire package rubbing the UCA's.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #16
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07
Discount Tire. They price matched a website price so I got them pretty cheap.
Ah, the closest Discount tire to me is like 3 hours away.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #17
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Im going with my rims American Racing mojave's
Old 11-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #18
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
im lovin my painted stocks more and more everyday
Old 11-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #20
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDnAZ View Post
I think the best looking and most particle replacement black wheel for our Tacoma's is the FJ Limited Edition Trail Teams wheel or any wheel from an FJ. There are three styles:

PT904-35071 - Gray Gunmetal.
PT904-35070 - Silver.
PTR20-35080 - Matte Black (powder coated).

I have the Matte Black powder coated version. Fitment is not an issue and backspacing is perfect for lifted Tacoma’s as far as not needing to use spacers. And with less backspacing you reduce the odds of your wheel and tire package rubbing the UCA's.
got any pics you can post up of yours?

Products Discussed in this Thread