Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

stt,toyo mt,trail grappler?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
stt,toyo mt,trail grappler?

so im tossing up the idea of getting 295's or going all out with 315's.....if i do stay small an get 295's these are my 3 choices......i ran stt's on my old duramax whitch wasnt on a trail ever and the weight of the truck made them alil squirly ......i have km2's now which are great and also ran kumho kl71's which i liked but neither come in a 295.....so there all close to the same price but was wondering if anyone actually used them or wheeled them side by side...has to be decent on the street and tough on trail which im pretty sure all 3 are just want personal opions
Old 12-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my Nitto Trail Grapplers for a couple months now and I have to say they look cool as hell, have good road manners for a M/T, and do great offroad. They get my vote.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Haha yeah man u wheel like a mofo, maybe they changed somethin on them but I read alot about them chunking and I've seen a few in person (obv not yours), but good luck with whatever tire you choose, go 35s!
if i go 35's ill probly stick with the km2's cause there much lighter....but i think 295's which are a 34in tire with the mid travel icons would make a very flexy ride without many problems and still have good clerence...hell right now i only have 2in up front and like 1in out back on 33's and im very happy with how my truck performas and i have no travel...lol
cant wait to see you truck run the harder shit man i have to say you have one of my fav taco's ive seen yet bro...
Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Mickey Thompson MTZ.
Made by cooper. So out of your choices I'd say SST. but check the Mickie's out. Real good mudders.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #11
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Mickey T. MTZ on my 2005 and the 33" Toyo on my 2007. I like them both a lot. The Toyos do seem heavier but they look sick as hell. The Mickey T.s have lasted a long time... long time. I'm getting down to the niddy-gritty but I've had them for almost 65K now. But since you are limited to that size, I say the Toyo
Old 12-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
I need 295's guys .... Trail graps , stt's , Toyo Mt's are all that come in that size
i know its the perfect size imo unless you really want to step up to the 35's i'm beating back my pinch weld today and torching the wheel wells to get more clearance. my fender flares need to be trimmed as well lol.

since i got the alignment straightened out the front wheels are much closer to the rear of the wheel well which in turn now led to rubbing issues i didn't previously have.

either way my nitto's have been great so far but i really like those coopers man if i had to do it again i would love to try a set of those.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
If you are into the BFG's check this new size out 285/75r17 they measure 34x11 tall and skinny work well on our trucks.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...2/tire-details
Old 12-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rth View Post
If you are into the BFG's check this new size out 285/75r17 they measure 34x11 tall and skinny work well on our trucks.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...2/tire-details
DAMN !!!!!! North you are the man I think those are my next tire !!! My only problem with 285's is they weren't tall enough this solves my problem
Old 12-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #17
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
There is a thread on TTORA about them and just passed on the info. I look forward to seeing a set on a Tacoma they look to be just right for a stock 17" rim.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #18

yeah there just alil taller then the 295 which is perfect...toyo mt's come in this size too... they will be perfect on a mid travel set up i plan on running with my allpro expo's and a 1in bodylift......lots of room for flexing without the major cutting from 315's
Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #20
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
I've had my Nitto Trail Grapplers for a couple months now and I have to say they look cool as hell, have good road manners for a M/T, and do great offroad. They get my vote.
Fuk yea +1 here!

The Trails are sexy as shit....Ive had mine for about 4500+ miles and I love them! I dont have one complaint about road noise and I alos think they are well mannered for such an aggressive looking MT. Now granted, Im not one that has had any personal ownership experience with other MTs, but trust that Im a picky bastard when it comes to all that I was looking for for a YEAR during my search/decision process.

I havent had them in snow yet, or any heavy rain downpours. But I have had them offroad on dry desert terrain, even while pulling my jetski up and down a rocky trail for 3-5 miles each way.
Ive also had them offroad for about 60 miles...the majority of which was light-moderate washboard. On this washboard I was driving exactly 65-70mph in several bursts of 5-10 minutes at a time
The result of any of this driving is ZERO chunking and no complaints at all.
furthermore, I bought them (last spring) from www.onlinetires.com for only $215 each!!

I still get a chubby when I look at these tires!!!! Much better looking than every tire out there that I shopped IMO....and i looked at ALLL of them for months, online and in person!!