Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TX Pro Wheels!

View Poll Results: Do you like these rims?
I love them! 84 54.55%
They are okay, but I would go with something different. 53 34.42%
I don't like them! 17 11.04%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
DizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant future
Navy:
Name: Dennis
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
TX Pro Wheels!

I'm curious what you guys think of these wheels! They are only available on the TX Pro packages for the 2012s, but the guy at the dealer said he would probably be able to get me 4 if I want them... $241 each! I have a silver double cab TRD Off Road, and I think they would look great on them... I might have to black out the chrome rim though.

But a silver Tacoma with black front and rear off road bumpers, bushwacker flares, and these wheels with some m/t's... That would look good!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think they look horrible.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
big fan! I have the Rugged Trail pkg on my rig, and I love the stock black toyota rims. I like how toyota is taking note of the aftermarket trends and producing factory trick parts.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
I would go with the IVAN STEWART's.

http://trdparts4u.com/scripts/prodVi...product=298263
x2 those are my favorite aftermarket wheels by far
Old 12-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
I was told by the dealer I talked to a few weeks back that these wheels are no longer available due to recalls. Hope she was full of it cause I love the look of these wheels.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
DizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant future
Navy:
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillechopper View Post
I was told by the dealer I talked to a few weeks back that these wheels are no longer available due to recalls. Hope she was full of it cause I love the look of these wheels.

Looks like you can get a set on ebay still... $1080.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=140649301456
Old 12-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
i like them, but the lip is too wide
Old 12-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I've always liked these wheels when I first saw them. I was going to buy a set off of Delmarva but he ended up selling them to a local guy. Oh well.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look but, the fake bead lock ring retains water and mud which, in my case, causes vibration when at speed.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #13
Navy:
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
I like the look but, the fake bead lock ring retains water and mud which, in my case, causes vibration when at speed.

Can you just leave that chrome bead lock off, or does it actually do something and need to be on? I think it would look better without that part anyway!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #14
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyZ View Post
Can you just leave that chrome bead lock off, or does it actually do something and need to be on? I think it would look better without that part anyway!
I think it's just for looks but, to be honest I've not looked close enough to know if or how it comes off. I'm at work and the truck is parked at my "ride share" meeting point so can't look right now. I'll check it out in the morning....
Old 12-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #15
Navy:
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
I think it's just for looks but, to be honest I've not looked close enough to know if or how it comes off. I'm at work and the truck is parked at my "ride share" meeting point so can't look right now. I'll check it out in the morning....

Have you had a chance to check if the chrome bead lock can be removed? I think it would look great without it, but still have the chrome bolts around the perimeter there.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #16
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like them if they were all black.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #17
Navy:
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntark03 View Post
I'd like them if they were all black.

I agree! That is why I would like to take that chrome rim off, or at least paint it black!

Other than that, I haven't really seen any wheels that have this design, and I like it. Plus the fact that it has TRD on it helps!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
rattlecan
or powdercoat
or plastiderp
I powdercoated my stock rims and added FJ TRD centercaps.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #19
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
lots of nicer wheels out there for that kinda money.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #20
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
I would go with the IVAN STEWART's.

http://trdparts4u.com/scripts/prodVi...product=298263
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
x2 those are my favorite aftermarket wheels by far
x3.....I liked the TRD Ivans more.