Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wrangler Duratrac info....

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Wrangler Duratrac info....

I know there are a ton of threads out there on this tire and have read a few. my questions are.... Load range C is more than sufficient for my 4x4 4cyl reg cab (245/75-16) correct? I am/was interested in AT2's or T/A KO's but they are E rated, and I am afraid to buy them for fear they ride like a brick. I can get these online for $159 each with free shipping and a $40 rebate(ending today). Puts total at $596 shipped. That seems to be a great deal since I can have them mounted/balanced free and an alignment would be $60. I have looked at tirerack for reviews and they are reviewed well. Although they don't carry a tread life warranty, they seem to last. Anybody experience them wearing out early? What if any are your guys thoughts on this purchase? Thanks as always for your great insight
Old 12-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
All of your choices are good. I use C on my double cab V6. You don't need any higher unless you plan on driving on razor blades. Also you can fit 265/75.

live via
Old 12-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
ProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the rough
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
I just put some 265/70/17's , Load Rating C's on this weekend. They look great, handle well in the snow. I have not taken them on the highway just yet. They told me these had a 40,000 mile warranty.

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/p...r/PC040002.jpg
Old 12-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoJ View Post
I just put some 265/70/17's , Load Rating C's on this weekend. They look great, handle well in the snow. I have not taken them on the highway just yet. They told me these had a 40,000 mile warranty.

Those look nice! I ordered mine last night, can't wait to get them on. From everything I read there is no tread life warranty, but everyone says they wear good.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I just took mine off. Got 48000 out of them and I am sure I could have gone 2000 more but I wanted to get new tires on before the winter ice storm season. Great tire.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
E's don't ride like a brick . That's a myth . I felt the slightest difference between the stock 245 dunlops and my 265 ko's
Old 12-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265/75/16 Duratracs in C.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
where'd ya get them for $160 shipped?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
HUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Tommy
HUNT's Tacoma Gallery
My E's ride like a Brick .......Mickey Thompson MTZ.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I have 265/75/16 Duratracs in C.
X2 and they've been great. I'm gonna get 50k or better. Slight noise at hwy speeds and were finicky to balance out. E loads are heavy and will hurt mpgs.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulcat View Post
where'd ya get them for $160 shipped?
A site called treadepot.com. My cousin told me about them. He ordered from there and all was well so I gave them a try. For a grand total of under $700, if I "pay" a little for the mounting, I will be a happy camper!!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #13
ecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eddy
ecr6cyl10's Tacoma Gallery
They wont ride like bricks you might just need to play with the air pressure a little. I have Load Range D 285/75/16 and I have them at 28psi.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #14
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoJ View Post

same size getting put on tomorrow
very nice
Old 12-05-2011, 02:02 AM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNT View Post
My E's ride like a Brick .......Mickey Thompson MTZ.
Well I guess they could . I run 265 ko at 35 psi . Runs fine . Even wear at 35k miles.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #16

I am now officially recommending www.treadepot.com to everyone here!!! Not only did they kick the crap out of every other place in price, they have amazing turn around!!!! I ordered these tires at 9:30pm on Saturday, and here they sit in my garage on Tuesday evening. Amazing speed!! Thats what I call FAST shipping.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #17
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Hate to steal your thunder, but most online retailers ship that fast. Also, most brick and mortar retailers will match online prices and you get the tires that day .

Great to have other options though.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #18
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know if you are interested in a mail-in rebate if you haven't used it already (as long as you bought the tires between Sept 17th and Dec 4th). I'll dig it up for you.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #19
AKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Adam
AKtoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i've got 285's in D & they ride fine. the duratracs are my winter tire. my summer tires are 285's in E, and I don't really notice a difference in ride quality. gas mileage is about the same... shitty both ways.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
Hate to steal your thunder, but most online retailers ship that fast. Also, most brick and mortar retailers will match online prices and you get the tires that day .

Great to have other options though.
Ummm no, I have had fast shipping b4, but that is very quick. Most dont ship that quick. Ordered from a small tractor company over the summer just in PA and it took a week everytime. And u would think they would try to build a customer base. I can bet if I ordered from tirerack, they wouldn't b here. and they would have cost ALOT more btwn the cost and the shipping. By far that is the best experience online that I have had in a while!! Nobody came close to that price. I didn't try Sears, since they price matched online last time. But I am getting mounting/balancing for free and $60 for an alignment. I will bet you $10 noone will beat $696 on those tires mounted with an alignment. Prove it and I will paypal u $10. Thank you for the rebate offer, but I have that already. The $40 I get from that will go toward the mounting. Nice of him to do it, but gotta give him something. If u can tell I am very happy with www.treadepot.com, I WILL b buying tires for our camper next year from them.