Notices

Tire Math

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
nobackhair is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
nobackhair's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Math

Don't know if this is common knowledge but I wanted to know, by changing tires, how I could figure out gas mileage and if it made a difference enough to bother w/ calculating it.
Found a tire math page on Discount tire and it's pretty easy to do. Basically you type in the stock tire size and what you put on and it will tell the dif in revs and in. per revs. Anyway you can play w/ it and see for yourself.
I myself came up with what I think is a basic finding of: for every 100 miles I'm a 1/2 mile less. Not enough to worry about. That's a whole 1 1/2 per tank. Coarse you all could one up me w/ the width, tread, etc. into the equation.
See what you come up with.
If you need help, let me know.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos
Old 12-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Holy Shit!! your a genius!!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
lol smart ass
Old 12-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
lol smart ass

Shhhhhhhh.....quiet.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
Quote:
Like I said. Common knowledge.
Selective reading.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Shhhhhhhh.....quiet.
quiet in the library
Old 12-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're
Old 12-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
You are*
You are too
Old 12-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You are too
I are
Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
Richland is on a distinguished road
Army: Pathfinder 82nd Airborne div.
Richland's Tacoma Gallery
well this post solves my problem. I have a set of stock Bridgestone P265 65/R17 on my stock 2008 TURD. I want to up size, but worry about gas milage.
so glad i looked before just asking. People get sh!%y if you dont do some research before posting.
thanks.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richland View Post
well this post solves my problem. I have a set of stock Bridgestone P265 65/R17 on my stock 2008 TURD. I want to up size, but worry about gas milage.
so glad i looked before just asking. People get sh!%y if you dont do some research before posting.
thanks.
Got that right.