Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10s in LT or P metric size

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
andrew7940 is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantry
Name: Andrew
andrew7940's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10s in LT or P metric size

I have a stock 06 TRD Sport and was looking at getting the Dynapro ATM RF10s based off of what I have read on this site. However, I'm not sure if I should get the P metric size in 265/70/17 or LT 265/70/17. I drive a lot of city and some off roading when I go hunting and just for fun. I'm looking for something that will be good both on road and off road but that won't be too stuff for the weight of my truck, any advice would be appreciated.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be fine with P rated if you aren't climbing all over rocks .

Your ride will be less stiff on road as well .
Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
P is 'normal' and LT is extra heavy duty... what ever your budget allows. I have yet to see long term mileage ratings for either... I have 12,000 miles on my P rated and they are doing just fine.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
P is 'normal' and LT is extra heavy duty... what ever your budget allows. I have yet to see long term mileage ratings for either... I have 12,000 miles on my P rated and they are doing just fine.
LT is also E rated , so stiffer ride
Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You'll be fine with P rated if you aren't climbing all over rocks .

Your ride will be less stiff on road as well .
x2
Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
LT tires are also heavier. Heavier = less mpg
Old 12-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #7
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have any info on the tread life warrenty, there website says 50,000 ( pretty sweet) but when i look at them through a retailer it doesn't mention it
Old 12-27-2011, 05:51 AM   #8
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Been using "P" s in the Nevada desert for a while now. No problems here. Also, p's are lighter which equals better mpg's. Prolly not noticeable though.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #9
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Got them as gift for christmas just looking into them a little more and discovered the warranty on the site. Just thought I would ask if anyone else noticed this
Old 12-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I've loaded the piss out of my truck with the P rated tires and they held up okay. I would say if you are going to be carrying heavy loads consistently then consider a different load rating but if the majority of your time is spent on the road with some light off road duty then the P rating will suit you just fine. Also, I have 22k miles on my set with little signs of wear.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:16 AM   #11
FIRTH4X4 is on a distinguished road

FIRTH4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, was looking at these tires myself.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=265

Thats the best out the door price I could find.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:30 AM   #12
no one cares about the warranty lol
Old 12-27-2011, 07:37 AM   #13
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Warranty means very little these days since it is a pain to get it honored.

Typically you get a warranty on P rated but I have yet to see a LT tire with a warranty since most commercial trucks would run them then.

I had a set of bridgestones that they would not warranty with obvious problems. I also have a tacoma that they will not warranty with know problems.

Just go by peoples reviews and see if they tire and price meets your goals.

I have the Hankook ATM and cannot say anything bad about them besides them saying hankook. BFG just looks better but I can live with that.

Dealers will honor factory warranty but they have to send in the tires now adays and cover the cost until they get the kick back from the manufacturer for the defect. Downside is most dealers will not warranty them unless it is a for sure problem with the manufactorer and not from the customer. That is why I said the warranty is pointless, look at the link and read what they can state the problem is which would not be under warranty.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/Serv/W...m=1&ChildNum=1
Old 12-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #14
Lj97gm,

Thank you for the info. I got the tires for Christmas present and I was looking through the info from Dunn Tire and it did not mention the tread warranty that is listed on the hankook website for 50,000. I didnt know if this is something I should bring up when I go to put them on?
Old 12-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
Badwin45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Badwin45's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 265-70-16LT's with 42k on them and they're wearing very well. New, they had 16/32" tread depth and now they're at 9.5-10 32nds. I'll be buying them again but in P-metric.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #16
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRTH4X4 View Post
Cool, was looking at these tires myself.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=265

Thats the best out the door price I could find.
http://discounttires.com/product_det...E=&prodID=9804
Ask about shipping discounts.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
Lj97gm,

Thank you for the info. I got the tires for Christmas present and I was looking through the info from Dunn Tire and it did not mention the tread warranty that is listed on the hankook website for 50,000. I didnt know if this is something I should bring up when I go to put them on?
when i got mine the guy(dad has known him for a long time) did say about a warranty.it is pro rated for what they give to the 32nds left on the tire.but it sounded like a no hassle deal with my guy.never needed to use it though so not a 100%
Old 12-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #18
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
The warranty hankook has is like any other tire warranty out there. It is warranted down to the last 2/32 and then considered dead.

As I stated the warranty is up the manufacture in the end. If you take your tire to a tire shop they have to send in the tire with a valid and 100% correct fault against the manufacturer. If the manufacturer rejects the claim the tire shop is the loser, this is why they are very picky on which tires they will state are faulty under warranty.

You have to keep them rotated, properly inflated, etc etc. They will reject some for tire wear and state it is an aggressive driver and so on. Tire checking and cracking is covered typically for the first 3-5 years depending on manufacturer. Most will state a tire gets louder over time as well and will not see it as a valid reason unless the noise is very excessive.

The easy was to change out a tire is a broken belt, tread seperation, large crack, chunks falling off. These are not terribly common but they do happen.

By a tire based on your needs and cost not on the manufacturer warranty is what I am stating.