LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need advice, trying to go bigger! (tires that is!)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
JayLeah is on a distinguished road

Name: Jessica
JayLeah's Tacoma Gallery
Need advice, trying to go bigger! (tires that is!)

I have a 2008 Tacoma 2wd double cab SR5 package. Just installed the rough country leveling kit. (2" in the back, 3" in the front) I'm debating whether to buy the nitto trail grapplers or the mud terrain tires. I don't mind road noise but if I can't hear myself think because it's so loud I rather go with whatever is quieter. I also hear that the mud grapplers are soft and heavy which is a turn off as well. Question is which do y'all recommend and what's the biggest size I can go? I have the TRDsport rims on it now which I intend to keep until a later date. I was told 285/75/17 and I "may" or "may not" need spacers. And if thats so, What size spacers. Ive researched and searched some more but no definite answer. Would really appreciate if some of you experts could help clear this up for me. I don't mind cutting the front fender, removing the mud flaps etc. There's only so much a girl can know! thanks to whoever helps...
Old 12-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
well.......you should be able to run a 285 with wheel spacers.prob have to do the cab mount chop as well
Old 12-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #3

JayLeah's Tacoma Gallery
Well how can I find out for sure? Everyone keeps saying "should" but I'd hate to pay 1300$ on tires and whatnot and I can't fit them on my truck. Firestone said they aren't sure what size spacers I would need to ask someone else. They're such a huge help sometimes.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
i am not sure about the sport rims, but i have to use wheel spacers on my wheels (TRD OR) which are 16's. i am running 285/75/16 BFG KM2's (100x better than grapplers trust me). i am using 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers in the front so i can clear the UCA. you don't need to cut your cab mounts but you will need to trim plastic in the front because you will rub when you are at full turn in reverse. and as far as loundness goes for the mud grapplers, everyone who rode in my old truck called it the 757 (as in the airplane because when my truck was doing more than 35 mph it sounded like it was about to take off)
Old 12-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #6

JayLeah's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah km2's are nice. I just like the tread the most on the grapplers but not fond of all that road noise. I like the toyos too but they don't come in the size I want. Go figure. Thanks guys
Old 12-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLeah View Post
Yeah km2's are nice. I just like the tread the most on the grapplers but not fond of all that road noise. I like the toyos too but they don't come in the size I want. Go figure. Thanks guys
the nitto mud grapplers are by far the best looking mud tire IMO but when it really comes down to it they are loud as hell and they don't have a very long tread life. good luck finding the right set up!