Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

SpiderTrax spacers installed

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
SpiderTrax spacers installed

I ordered some 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers (on Silverback's recommendation). They came in and I got them installed tonight and they have resolved my rubbing issue on the UCAs. Of course, now I have to trim the inner fender just a bit...

I don't know what it is about me and getting bad nuts (insert joke here) but one out of the 24 nuts was bad. couldn't get it to tighten. I'll call SpiderTrax tomorrow to get them to send me another. I went to O'Reillys, but they didn't have one with the same thread pitch, and all the other parts stores were closed.

Anyway, here are some pics.

Front before spacer:

Rear before spacer: (with my awesome sockmonkey badge!)

Before spacer:

After spacer:

Front after spacer:

Rear after spacer:
Old 11-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Jason!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
not bad... They look too good to be covered up
Old 11-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Is Nice!!!!!!!!

Probably gonna be my next Christmas wish list item. I like my stock rims too much to want to change them.

Can you run 285's with this now, or will you still have rubbing at full lock?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
looks goood!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Looks great! Jason!
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo2sixty View Post
I kinda agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Is Nice!!!!!!!!

Probably gonna be my next Christmas wish list item. I like my stock rims too much to want to change them.

I was running 285s before the spacers, but they were rubbing my UCAs. Now, there appears to be a little inner fender rubbing that I'll need to trim, but I don't think it's gonna be a lot... But, I'm not rubbing my UCAs anymore.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Well I know that I'll be adding 285's to the list too cause the 265's I'm running are just too.......hmm........dare i say..............stocklookingish!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
looks goood!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Looks great! Jason!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo2sixty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Is Nice!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Looks good Jason! Sucks about the "bad nut". Luckily I didn't have any trouble with mine. Did you use the red Loktite that came with it?
I had no idea what that was! Does it really matter? I got them all torqued down to 80 lbs...
Old 11-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
you will only need a drop of loctite on each stud. Don't go overboard.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #12
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
when i get new tires i think im going to get these too! gives it a more aggressive look imo.