Notices

4 Ply All Terrain?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
johnnief is on a distinguished road
Name: Johnnie
johnnief's Tacoma Gallery
4 Ply All Terrain?

Does anyone know if they make a 4 ply all terrain tire? I had nitto terra grapplers on my last truck which were 8 ply tires. This made the truck ride a little rougher than with the stock tires. I want to put larger tires on my truck without sacrificing ride quality.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs come in 6 also
Old 12-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I would assume the P rated tire of the Hankook Dynapro ATM. Load rating is what you want as the number of plys actually used in the construction of the tire may be misleading.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
P rated Cooper Discoverer AT3
Old 12-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
P rated Cooper Discoverer AT3
correct, have them on now
Old 12-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
correct, have them on now
Me too I'm getting anxious waiting for snow fall to see what they can really do!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
Quote:
Me too I'm getting anxious waiting for snow fall to see what they can really do!
What size are you running? I would like to go up to the 265/70/17.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
My wife's 2010 4 runner came with 265/70/17's on it. Of course they are only bridgestone duelers. Why the hell could they not put the same on the tacoma. Guess it's all about MPG though
Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnief View Post
What size are you running? I would like to go up to the 265/70/17.
That's exactly what I have

Old 12-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ooo...i was out in the snow last year when they had about 60% tread on them...freaking epic! they pwned that snow like it was their bitch haha
i'm ready to see what they can do in the mud, haven't had a chance to hit any since im in college and err thing
i'm running 245 75 R16 and they work but probably next summer i'll have to get new tire and i'm leaning with 255 or 265 duratracs but since i have a 4 banger, i'm worried about it she can handle it
Old 12-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #11
Quote:
That's exactly what I have
Did you notice any difference in the ride quality?
Old 12-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnief View Post
Did you notice any difference in the ride quality?
Well, I came from Cooper Discoverer ATRs in 265/65R17 so I didn't really notice any difference. The ATRs are discontinued and were replaced by the AT3. If anything, the AT3s are a bit smoother than the ATRs were. The ride quality is great, they have excellent dry and wet traction, are quiet on the road and I get good mileage with them.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #13
Awesome. I liked the look of the terra grapplers I had but that was about it. Loud and rode terrible on such a small truck.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
Swerve for nothing

also, the wear on these tires are incredible, i got mine summer of 2009 and still have a load of tread left!
Note: i drive to and from the beach multiple times during the summer, and drive a good amount between home and college