Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Final Verification

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Blake is on a distinguished road
Blake's Tacoma Gallery
Final Verification

I have an OME lift/suspension on my 2010 DC. Time for new tires, so I thought I'd put 285/75/16 KM2s or Duratracs on KMC Enduros.

I replaced front and rear bumpers with Road Armor. I am thinking (hoping) that I shouldn't have any rubbing issues. Please set me straight here.

Also, I would not think I would have to replace my UCAs, but again, please set me straight.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I have an OME lift/suspension on my 2010 DC. Time for new tires, so I thought I'd put 285/75/16 KM2s or Duratracs on KMC Enduros.

I replaced front and rear bumpers with Road Armor. I am thinking (hoping) that I shouldn't have any rubbing issues. Please set me straight here.

Also, I would not think I would have to replace my UCAs, but again, please set me straight.

Thanks.
What are the specs on the enduros?

UCA's will likely be needed to get your alignment in spec if you are going over 2.5" of lift.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
Blake's Tacoma Gallery
+0 offset. OME lift is approximately 1.5 inches, plus larger tires of course.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+0 offset. OME lift is approximately 1.5 inches, plus larger tires of course.
You won't be able to clear those tires on only 1.5" of lift. Even the guys with 3" have to trim their fender wells and some have to chop their cab mounts. The road armor bumper may help alleviate the trimming (may), but not the cab mounts issue.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Blake's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires would you recommend? The stock tires look silly with the lift and don't fill up near enough of the fender well.

BTW, I appreciate the info. Inexperienced guy here.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
No problem

With only 1.5" of lift, all you can go up to is 265/75/16.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
Blake's Tacoma Gallery
How much taller is that?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #9
Blake's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the size tire you would recommend with my setup, or is there a better choice for what I am wanting?

Sounds like stock UCAs will be fine for 265s though...yes/no?

Thanks again.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is this the size tire you would recommend with my setup, or is there a better choice for what I am wanting?

Sounds like stock UCAs will be fine for 265s though...yes/no?

Thanks again.
I'd go with the 265/75/16s, yes. And needing new ucas has nothing do with tire size. It has to do with how much lift you have. You will be fine with the stockers at 1.5"