No clue what tire to get next!

View Poll Results: what tire to get in a 285/75/16
Mickey Thompson ATZ 12 15.38%
Goodyear Duratrac 47 60.26%
keep what I have the MTZ's 19 24.36%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
No clue what tire to get next!

So it is about that time for me to get some new tires just not sure what ones to get, not like there are a hundred choices out there or nothing. I have kinda decided on two they are the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's or the Goodyear Duratrac's. I have thought about keeping what I have just going down to a 285/75/16. I have the Mickey Thompson MTZ's now. Help me out guys and thanks.

first choice

second choice

what I have now
Old 12-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Between those two? Duratracs....
Old 12-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Loving my duratracs, i vote for them.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Between those two? Duratracs....
Yea I've been leaning towards them but the ATZ's have a good looking tread also. I'll get some pics for you guys once I'm home.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
i ran the baja atz's on my jeep and i will tell you this. they come with alot more tread than anything else out there. mickey thompson really gives you a lot of rubber for your money. i liked them in pretty much all conditions on the road, but i didn't wheel them in rocks or mud, etc. also, i like the aggressive look of the mtz's better than both the atz and the duratracs. duratracs have a pretty good reputation on this board, alot of people review them favorably.

good luck with your choice.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
i ran the baja atz's on my jeep and i will tell you this. they come with alot more tread than anything else out there. mickey thompson really gives you a lot of rubber for your money. i liked them in pretty much all conditions on the road, but i didn't wheel them in rocks or mud, etc. also, i like the aggressive look of the mtz's better than both the atz and the duratracs. duratracs have a pretty good reputation on this board, alot of people review them favorably.

good luck with your choice.
Yea the reason I narrowed it down to them is because the duratracs have gotten great reviews and my Mickey Thompsons I have now have been great.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #7

Bump and I added pics guys.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post

i just bought these on nov 25 they are kumho road venture mt kl71.
Those look nice and I looked at them when I bought tires the first time. How do you like them?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #10

Dang no one likes or has anything to say about the ATZ's?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbm32 View Post
Those look nice and I looked at them when I bought tires the first time. How do you like them?
i like them so far been off roading twice with them. THey have decent bite .
Old 12-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #13

Quote:
i like them so far been off roading twice with them. THey have decent bite .
Sweet how are they on the road?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #14

Quote:
My friend has these and he likes them. THey have been wearing very well for him on his newer tundra
Yea the ones I have now have been great with wearing. Does he off road with them at all and if so how does he like them?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #17

Quote:
i think i would go with duratrac's they have good bite in most conditions.
Yea the have gotten great reviews.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #18
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbm32 View Post
Yea the ones I have now have been great with wearing. Does he off road with them at all and if so how does he like them?
yea he mostly done rocky terrain/ sandy area's he love them.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #19

Quote:
yea he mostly done rocky terrain/ sandy area's he love them.
Hmmm interesting to know they have good bite on stuff like that.