Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Whats a good common wheel size to look for that would work for 33-35" tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a good common wheel size to look for that would work for 33-35" tires?

I want new wheels and tires at some point, I've never been through the wheel buying process so I'd like to know a good common size to look for thatd fit 33" and 35" (maybe 37"?) tires...
Old 12-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
I want new wheels and tires at some point, I've never been through the wheel buying process so I'd like to know a good common size to look for thatd fit 33" and 35" (maybe 37"?) tires...
The most versatile wheel to fit all of those would be a 9" wide wheel with backspacing in the high 3's.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i run 15x8
Old 12-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
i run 15x8
Yes but most of the tires im looking at are mostly 16-17
Old 12-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes but most of the tires im looking at are mostly 16-17
17x9

16x9s aren't very common. And 16x10s would be a bit too big for 33s
Old 12-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Damn, the tires im after for 16's are 34.8" whereas the 17s are 34.4" thats almost a half inch bigger with 16's
Thanks KPT 17x9 may just have to do
Old 12-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn, the tires im after for 16's are 34.8" whereas the 17s are 34.4" thats almost a half inch bigger with 16's
Thanks KPT 17x9 may just have to do
Well I was just giving you the most versatile wheel size if you weren't decided on tire size. If you are definitely going with 34's then the 16x10 would be fine, depending on the width of the 34's.

I just didn't want you to have 10" tires running 285's. It would give them a bit of a stretched look.