Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Winter tires???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2008, 06:14 AM   #1
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Question Winter tires???

Okay after driving the trip to college Sunday night with the stock tires in the little bit of snow I had I realized it would be suicide to run the stock tires all winter long.... So does anyone have any good opinions for winter tires????

I got a price on these from my buddy 320$ installed normally over 400$ but he owns his own shop and gives me deals.....

Bridgestone winterforce.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

MTL Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a set of Yokohama Geolander GO72 for $200cdn/tire (balanced & installed)

Can't wait to get some snow!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #3
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
I just had the same eye-opening experience down here in Washington, PA. I had the Winterforces on my Subarus and loved them. I will be ordering some this Friday (payday!).

BTW - I have some property up in Clarion. Are you at the University?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #4
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i live in claroin i got to pennstate in williams port i know clarion like the back of my hand were at is your property??? so the winter forces are good tires??
Old 11-18-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
We have 72 acres between Strattanville and Fisher. I want to get up there and scout for black bear.

The Winterforces got me to work every weekend in the worst snow. I worked at 7 Springs Mountain Resort in Champion, PA as a ski instructor for 5 years and we had to be there in the worst of it. Asymmetrical AWD and a manual helped as well. I will be getting the Winterforces from tirerack.com - 245/75-16 for $73 can't be beat. I'm debating whether or not the extra $12 a tire for studs is worth it. I'm thinking yes.
I tried a Dunlop one year and hated it. I had some other Generic and they just wore out fast. My friend who bought my Forester will be running the studded Winterforces out in Jackson, WY this winter. They held up great winter after winter.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by taconinja View Post
We have 72 acres between Strattanville and Fisher. I want to get up there and scout for black bear.

The Winterforces got me to work every weekend in the worst snow. I worked at 7 Springs Mountain Resort in Champion, PA as a ski instructor for 5 years and we had to be there in the worst of it. Asymmetrical AWD and a manual helped as well. I will be getting the Winterforces from tirerack.com - 245/75-16 for $73 can't be beat. I'm debating whether or not the extra $12 a tire for studs is worth it. I'm thinking yes.
I tried a Dunlop one year and hated it. I had some other Generic and they just wore out fast. My friend who bought my Forester will be running the studded Winterforces out in Jackson, WY this winter. They held up great winter after winter.
sounds like winterforces is wat i will be getting!!!! is your property around those strip cuts out buy the seally plant??
Old 11-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #7
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
$320 local. Do it.

I run Blizzaks, but have a couple friends w/ Winterforce. Very popular around here. To stud or not comes down to the big question... You encounter more sanded roads (ice, hardpack roads) or they salted (slush)?

Either way, probably the best bang for the buck out there.

Gonna mount them on another set of wheels?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncleaner View Post
$320 local. Do it.

I run Blizzaks, but have a couple friends w/ Winterforce. Very popular around here. To stud or not comes down to the big question... You encounter more sanded roads (ice, hardpack roads) or they salted (slush)?

Either way, probably the best bang for the buck out there.

Gonna mount them on another set of wheels?
i will keep my stock wheels for for winter in the spring i am gonna get some wheels for it in spring... will probly get the winterforces studded also! i will be on interstate 400 miles a week thne probly 100miles of back and main roads on the weekends!!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #9
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
sounds like winterforces is wat i will be getting!!!! is your property around those strip cuts out buy the seally plant??
TRDMAN get the winterforces you'll be fine its a good
tire i sell a lot of them work very well on our trucks
I have had a lot of good feed back on them
from my customers make sure you do 4 tires
a lot of people don't understand you have to do 4
Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
TRDMAN get the winterforces you'll be fine its a good
tire i sell a lot of them work very well on our trucks
I have had a lot of good feed back on them
from my customers make sure you do 4 tires
a lot of people don't understand you have to do 4
yeah deff gonna get all four to help stop!!!!! fourwhell drive don't mean four wheel stop!!! thanks!!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #11
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
blizzaks.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #12
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
it is the way to go but the winter forces
will work fine good winter tire and for 360
installed you cant go wrong
Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
blizzaks.
keep in mind i have no $$$
Old 11-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #14

Got my new snow tires this weekend..... i may test the out later today... but here they are and so far so good!!

Thanks for all the input!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #15
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got my new snow tires this weekend..... i may test the out later today... but here they are and so far so good!!

Thanks for all the input!!!!!!!
decided on no studs??
Old 11-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
decided on no studs??
Yeah the noise would drive me nuts!!.... lol plus my buddy with his tire shop put the tires on for me sunday morning and I didn't wanna bother taking up more of his time to stud them!!!! i got all four tries for 300$$!!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #17
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah the noise would drive me nuts!!.... lol plus my buddy with his tire shop put the tires on for me sunday morning and I didn't wanna bother taking up more of his time to stud them!!!! i got all four tries for 300$$!!!!!
sweet deal, think I'm going with the same tires but I may throw some studs in them, then crank the tunes louder!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
sweet deal, think I'm going with the same tires but I may throw some studs in them, then crank the tunes louder!
LOL makes all the troubles go away!!! haha also i am very impressed with them!!!! def. would recomend them to anyone!!