Notices

2011 Sport, XD Addicts

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
warbass is on a distinguished road
Name: John
warbass's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Sport, XD Addicts

I'm getting conflicting advice from dealers about putting XD Addict 17x9 4.5" backspace on 2011 Taco TRD Sport DC LB with 3" lift. Some say they will fit, some say they won't. Anyone know firsthand? I see alot of Tacos on here with the addicts, one dealer said there was some change with the 2011 that made the addicts not work. Last thing I want is to have to unload some wheels I can't use! Thanks.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbass View Post
I'm getting conflicting advice from dealers about putting XD Addict 17x9 4.5" backspace on 2011 Taco TRD Sport DC LB with 3" lift. Some say they will fit, some say they won't. Anyone know firsthand? I see alot of Tacos on here with the addicts, one dealer said there was some change with the 2011 that made the addicts not work. Last thing I want is to have to unload some wheels I can't use! Thanks.
Well of course the wheels will physically bolt up. The "fitting" has do with tire size. What size tires do you want to run?

There is nothing different about the 2011" that dealer is full of shit.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
warbass's Tacoma Gallery
285/70r17. I think he mentioned a backspacing issue. I'm going ahead with it, will post if any problems.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
I have the 18x9 Hoss wheels with 4.5in backspacing with my 2.5-3in coilover lift (KPT helped me in the past ).
My shit fits like a fucking glove with 285-65-18 Nitto TRAIL grapplers!!! ZERO regrets!!!!

EDIT: I eventually chose to stick with 18in wheels in order to keep the sport-look of the lower sidewall height with the 65 series tire....which also helps keep the overall diameter of the tire down (with a larger 285 wide tire) in comparison to what you'll end up with if you use a 70 series tire (equalling less chance of cab mount rubbing)!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
CNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to beholdCNewell is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Information Systems Technician / IT2
Name: Camron
CNewell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
285/70r17. I think he mentioned a backspacing issue. I'm going ahead with it, will post if any problems.
a 4.5" bs is ideal. That definitely is not the issue. You may have to do some trimming, but overall the bs on the wheels is perfect.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
warbass's Tacoma Gallery
Nice wheels blkturbo! that is about what I'm going for. Duratrac 285/70r17 black addicts.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
lopezoscar03 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 482nd FW Fire Depart.
Name: lopezoscar03@gmail.com
lopezoscar03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice wheels blkturbo! that is about what I'm going for. Duratrac 285/70r17 black addicts.
any updates on how your tires fit? i am debating that same size wheel and tire combo but knda scared it wont fit
Old 12-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
warbass's Tacoma Gallery
Going down to Oregon next week to pick it all up (tax free ftw). I'll post a follow up after.

icon co's, uca's, rear shocks, addaleaf
Afe intake
Trd exhaust
Addict black 17s, duratrac 285/70r17
Snugtop

Hopefully I'm not driving back with new wheels in the bed lol. I think it will be fine with a bit of trimming
Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just something to think about....your tire size will have a little taller overall diameter than my 285-65s
And my 285-65s rub the cab mounts now, BUT, its only the very shoulder of the tires that are just barely touching the cab mounts at full turn only - nothing that needs and fixing or adjusting. So, im not sure how much more your 285-70s will rub. Probably the same deal though - not enough to really sweat over (maybe).
Old 12-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #10

Quote:
icon co's, uca's, rear shocks, addaleaf
Thats the same lift I have. The Icon C/Os and 2.5 rear Icons with a Toytec AAL.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #12

Plus, he would/should find out the real-world specs of those tires in that size. As it is, my Nittos are bigger all around in comparison to what a tire calculator tells you....so whoe knows yet how much more he'd actually be rubbing with Duratracs vs my Nittos.
Its tough enough already squeezing the tire sizes that we all want under these little Tacomas, just look at the endless wheel/tire threads around here