1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Size Help!!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by rhion82, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Dec 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    rhion82

rhion82 [OP] El Duderino

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    TN/GA
    Vehicle:
    16 Taco
    Ok so its almost time for me to pull the trigger on new tires. I have a 3" lift sitting at the house that I'm going to put on pretty soon. Now I'm stuck at which tire size I need without having to buy spacers and do a cab chop. I would love to go with 285/75/16 but I've read in some places that I will need spacers and/or do some cutting on the body and read in other places that I will not have to. I have moto metal 951s on and I believe the backspacing is 4.79 but im not sure.

Can I run 285s without buying spacers and cutting on the body. I dont care if the plastic has to be cut.
    Thanks

2. Dec 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    Blkturbo!

Blkturbo! Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma; 05 Seadoo RXP; 94 Turbo Supra
    Icon Coilovers, Downsouth UCAs, rear Icon "2.5" shocks and Toytec single AAL. Still gotta do exhaust, dark headlights and re-gear the rear diff.
    I have a 2.5-3in coil-over lift with really meaty TRAIL grapplers - 285/65/18s on 18x9in 4.5BS Hoss wheels. Fits as tight as it could....while only having to cut away the plastic some :D I BARELY rub the cab mounts (at full turn) with the knobby shoulders of these MT tires. Not enough rubbing to even worry about! Couldnt be happier!

3. Dec 7, 2011 at 7:24 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Those 951s should have 4.5" bs I believe. And there no way to grantee you won't have to chop the cab mounts, even with an ideal wheel like that one. Some have to, some dont.

Products Discussed in

To Top