Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire Size Help!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Size Help!!

Ok so its almost time for me to pull the trigger on new tires. I have a 3" lift sitting at the house that I'm going to put on pretty soon. Now I'm stuck at which tire size I need without having to buy spacers and do a cab chop. I would love to go with 285/75/16 but I've read in some places that I will need spacers and/or do some cutting on the body and read in other places that I will not have to. I have moto metal 951s on and I believe the backspacing is 4.79 but im not sure.

Can I run 285s without buying spacers and cutting on the body. I dont care if the plastic has to be cut.
Thanks
Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Blkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant futureBlkturbo! has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
Blkturbo!'s Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2.5-3in coil-over lift with really meaty TRAIL grapplers - 285/65/18s on 18x9in 4.5BS Hoss wheels. Fits as tight as it could....while only having to cut away the plastic some I BARELY rub the cab mounts (at full turn) with the knobby shoulders of these MT tires. Not enough rubbing to even worry about! Couldnt be happier!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Those 951s should have 4.5" bs I believe. And there no way to grantee you won't have to chop the cab mounts, even with an ideal wheel like that one. Some have to, some dont.