* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
sfhunter is on a distinguished road

Marines: Grunt
Name: Tom
sfhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Needing a Whole Spare

Hey everyone!

I recently purchased my taco this month and it didn't come with a spare. I am in the middle of replacing the spare tire carrier and had a quick question when purchasing a spare. See, this is my first truck ever and I've only ever had cars or vans where the spare was basically a donut. I'm not sure if I should buy one that is basically just to get me home or what. I currently have Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain 275/55R20 on the truck and some black Enkei 20" rims that as far as I can tell (from searching online) they don't make anymore(I'll try to get a pic of the rims tomorrow and maybe someone will know where to find them). I'm not really a mudder or rock climber and will be using the truck to go through the swamp to go hunting.

Should I purchase a smaller rim and tire or buy a different rim then the rest at same diameter and the same tire?

Not too sure the right move (call me a noob). Any advise and input from what y'all already do or would do would be much appreciative.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
sfhunter is on a distinguished road

Marines: Grunt
Name: Tom
sfhunter's Tacoma Gallery
you know what, I thought about it and I think its best to just get another 20" rim and a similar size spare tire. Probably will go a bit cheaper in the tire from what I have on currently. I'll just use the spare till I can replace the busted one.

Sound good?