Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

LARGER TIRE ON STOCK RIM

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hamsterhater's Tacoma Gallery
LARGER TIRE ON STOCK RIM

i leveld my truck out with 2" strut spacer infront. i know dont break my chops know i have 6.5 inches on my stock 2011 dbl cab with p245/75/r16 tires between fender and tire.i would like to keep stock rims put put a higher tire on. does anybody know what the size would be to gain an inch or two in height if possible to do and do they get wider as you go up and would it be a problem? thanks
Old 12-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
5 or 6 lug truck?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
2" spacer equals 6.5 inches?
lol, between the top of the tire and bottom of the fender he said
Old 12-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
5 or 6 lug truck?
6 LUG
Old 12-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post

from the online tire size calculator
this chart is for dummies like me, thank you guys for your help. its perfect
Old 12-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Pataco, thnks.....operating from phone while doing laundry, dishes, vacumming and playing with puppy.....guess I don't multitask as well as I thought. I blame ADD
lol,no problem..... im with ya on that
Old 12-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post

from the online tire size calculator
Op, please note that you cannot fit this size tire without lifting another inch and getting wheel spacers.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Have folks done that on a 2" lift?.

I don't follow all the crazy size threads.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
255/85/16
that seems to be the ticket. same width and a little height on that chart. that charts awesome , you put stock tire right next to new to compare difference .cool.... thanks again
Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Have folks done that on a 2" lift?.

I don't follow all the crazy size threads.
Usually it's 2 1/2 min , somebody on here claimed it worked on their 1.75" lift , but I find that hard to believe
Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterhater View Post
that seems to be the ticket. same width and a little height on that chart. that charts awesome , you put stock tire right next to new to compare difference .cool.... thanks again
No prob. Welcome to TW and good luck with the tire selection, so many choices.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
are we going to go through this again. because i have all the proof still
Yes we are. Be my guest and tell everyone that they can fit it, and then when they get all mad because they just dropped money on tires that don't fit, they can yell at you.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #18
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Yes we are. Be my guest and tell everyone that they can fit it, and then when they get all mad because they just dropped money on tires that don't fit, they can yell at you.
ok you can fit 285/70/17 on stock sport rims with a 1/4 spacer no lift. i did it i trimmed very little plastic and kpt is jelly
Old 12-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #19
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Would it appease you in the future if I always took the time to write "for 99.9%" of people at the beginning of the sentence each time?

And the only way to "prove" it to me would be for me to see the tires in person and for me to drive the truck myself.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Would it appease you in the future if I always took the time to write "for 99.9%" of people at the beginning of the sentence each time?

And the only way to "prove" it to me would be for me to see the tires in person and for me to drive the truck myself.
awh pictures aint good enough for you i wouldnt let you or anybody else drive my truck and i cant be the "only" one so put 99.9% would be a false.