Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Painting my wheels, vote for the color..

View Poll Results: What color should I paint my wheels?
Flat Black 26 48.15%
Flat Gold/Bronze 16 29.63%
Bedliner 7 12.96%
Other (Please post, no plasti-dip) 7 12.96%
Paint Calipers 4 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
tamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tamer
tamer's Tacoma Gallery
Painting my wheels, vote for the color..

Leaving this one in the hands of TW 2008 BSP. Also considering doing the calipers while I'm at it..Flat/Matte colors only please..

Just bedlinered the chrome bumper...
Old 12-09-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
flat black. murder it out!!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #3
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Black and paint calipers
Old 12-09-2011, 03:18 AM   #5
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Paint them Magnetic Grey.....Look good against the black.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
tamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, need more votes..
Old 12-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
Frankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant future

Frankoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
i voted for Bronze.. but you have to hit it just right.. not to bright or it looks kinda ehh.. not to dark or it just looks dirty brown.. a just right bronze... try googling "tacoma with bronze wheels" and there are some good pics there.. including one with the stocks painted bronze
Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
semi -gloss Black

Old 12-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I am not a black wheel fan, so I would say a metallic charcoal/gray. Some of the Sequioas have factory wheels that look like they are smoked - looks like it had been painted with a translucent black/gray clear coat - that looks super sharp.

I could not find the Sequoia rim picture, but something like this:

Old 12-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #10

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
last bump for some votes before i pull the trigger.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
bronze looks amazing on black, do it.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #13

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
^I'm super tempted to do the bronze, just don't want it to turn out douchey...entice me with some photos..
Old 12-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #16
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
i also have a black access cab and am considering the same thing. i am interested to see how it works out!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #17

tamer's Tacoma Gallery
Is that first gen painted or factory (to the wheel) bronze?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #18
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamer View Post
Is that first gen painted or factory (to the wheel) bronze?
Factory finish on the konigs.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #19
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
there was somebody that painted their stock wheels bronze a couple months ago... let me see if I can finds it....
Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #20
angdefeo is on a distinguished road
angdefeo's Tacoma Gallery
i voted for other: since you have a black truck i would consider doing a gunmetal color for your wheels. they will stand out more than a black color. they will stand out more against the black truck.