Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Performance Wheel & Tire

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
Mortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant future
Mortzen's Tacoma Gallery
Performance Wheel & Tire

Hey, I'm thinking about getting some low profile wheels& tires for my 2008 sport double cab. I'm looking for a light weight black wheel and some nice thin tires. Any suggestions??
Old 12-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortzen View Post
Hey, I'm thinking about getting some low profile wheels& tires for my 2008 sport double cab. I'm looking for a light weight black wheel and some nice thin tires. Any suggestions??
So how thin are we talking here? What rim size are trying to run, 22s?
Old 12-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
Mortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant futureMortzen has a brilliant future
Mortzen's Tacoma Gallery
Re

Hey KPT, Either 20" or 22" what would you suggest?
Old 12-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
Is your truck 4x4 by any chance?
Old 12-10-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
Mortzen's Tacoma Gallery
It's a 2008 4x2 Sport Model
Old 12-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortzen View Post
Hey KPT, Either 20" or 22" what would you suggest?
Its all personal preference. I would never go over 18".

But if you want to run a really short sidewall, then you need bigger rims to keep the tire diameter the same, which is why I asked.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #7
Mortzen's Tacoma Gallery
What are some light weight 20" black rims for trucks,planning on a Thin low profile tire as well.