Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheelers offroad wheels questions.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #1
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers offroad wheels questions.

I bought the wheelers offroad wheels (type A). Just had some questions.

1. Since they are steel, I.E. Heavier, are they going to kill my gas mileage in summer? These are going to be my summer wheels.

B. I am on stock suspension and dont plan on lifting at all. Can I put any tire at 265/75/16 without rubbing and without trimming anything, including my oem mudflaps?

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
kill? no. hurt? yes, a tad
yes you can put on 265/75/16 on a stock with no rubbing
how much is a tad?
Old 12-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
2 mpg may be a little much. Regardless, rotational mass added to a vehicle puts the most drain on economy. Larger tires, heavier wheels, etc.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
Cybertronian Tacoma

oh man, if it is 2mpg, I may get something else. Guess I will have to see how it goes.

glad to hear that I can fit the 265/75/16 tire without rubbing no matter what I decide to go with! Thanks for the info!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
no chris says its not that bad, that was a shot in the dark from me
It really all depends on the persons driving style.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Cybertronian Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
It really all depends on the persons driving style.
i drive like a damn senior citizen. LOL.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would be worried about yhe ride mor than anything. Steel wheels a bitch to balance plus a majority of yhe time are pretty damn out of round
Old 12-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
Cybertronian Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I would be worried about yhe ride mor than anything. Steel wheels a bitch to balance plus a majority of yhe time are pretty damn out of round
oh god. Don't tell me that. I dont want problems!
Although when I had steel wheels for my tiburon, I never had problems.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully you wil br fine. I work at a shop anf just shared my overall experience with steel wheels, sorry if i scared you lol
Old 12-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
RyanPont is on a distinguished road
RyanPont's Tacoma Gallery
What would you say the wheel the op mentioned weighs? Compared to the TRD offroad wheel?