Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

DuraTrac installed

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
DuraTrac installed

Hey guys, had my Goodyear Duratrac 285/75/16E installed on my FJ Anthracite wheels today. I was running BFG's 265's on it, and after my OME lift, the 265's looked kinda of puny. (did not look right at all) . I was fortunate enough to find a buyer for my BFG's since i only had about 1800 miles on them. Maan these 285's look so much better than my 265's, they "fill" the wheel well so much better. Drove around the parking lot in full circle and had a slight rub on the mud guard. took them off when i got home and no more rubbing. The only other place that might be an issue if you go offroading is the cab mount like others have posted but as far as driving on the streets, i don't have any issues what so ever. I have also read about wheels offset, spacers, spidertrax and many other mod's people are doing. i don't have anything in mine, just the wheels and tires. I spent numerous hours reading on this topic and to be honest i think it was a waste of time. Here's my review of these tires. they are much louder than the BFG's and they are HEAVY. I really like the way they handle on the highway. i will post more review on here after i put in some miles on them. So far i'm really happy with those tires, they give the truck a whole new macho look. Oh yeah and i had the white out.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
jizzam93 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kris
jizzam93's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good dude!!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
toyoteron is on a distinguished road
Name: Myles
toyoteron's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered mine today. Hopefully picking them up on Monday. Your truck looks great, but I'll probably put the black side out.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Don't those wheels have 4.5 backspacing? Most people have to run spacers to clear 285's off the UCA.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
Looks great! Don't those wheels have 4.5 backspacing? Most people have to run spacers to clear 285's off the UCA.
i've spend numerous hours reading up on spacers. but mine work just fine no issue what so ever.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome, I love mine

Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
only 2k now, all I can say is traction!!! they hum a little over 50 but I like the hum, nothing overbearing, tried to hydroplane in them and didnt even budge at all. Great tire, had them in the snow last week in west virginia and they did awesome!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak
mbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Matt
mbmchugh5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
how many miles do you have on those bad boys? any long term update you can share, like wear, mpg, noise ?

Have a set on my truck that have nearly 40k on em and i expect close to 25-30 more can tell they aren't new but they dont look close to worn out yet. like he said traction is incredible only issue i've had is in real deep snow if i try to turn 90 degrees to fast they "plow" i.e. wheels are turned but truck isn't nascar calls it pushing or dumptrucking here's a pic not that u can really see tread depth but this is @ about 35k
Old 12-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN YOU I'm jealous. Where at in Houston do you stay? That school looks familiar..
Old 12-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #13
MarioAB
TXprotrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Mario
TXprotrd's Tacoma Gallery
GREAT TIRE.. I dont notice the noice... and good traction..
Old 12-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #14
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I love the look of these tires. If I wasnt broke and going for Treadwrites, I'd love to have a set.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #15
SummitCo.Skier is just really niceSummitCo.Skier is just really niceSummitCo.Skier is just really niceSummitCo.Skier is just really niceSummitCo.Skier is just really nice
SummitCo.Skier's Tacoma Gallery
Those are some nice looking tires, EXCELLENT in the snow....I had them on my FJ in the stock size........I just hope you took out road-hazard on them, I popped 3 of them in less than a year wheeling......they shred EASY
Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
how many miles do you have on those bad boys? any long term update you can share, like wear, mpg, noise ?

I've got 17,000 miles on mine and they are wearing great. I do rotate them every 3000miles though. I've stated elsewhere that I think these are the best non-studded snow tires I've run on any vehicle. For a tire that's considered an "all-terrain", they do very well in the mud also. They do have a little hum to them, but nothing like a real mud tire. Again, mine are a year old and I am loving them all around. I wish I could afford to have a studded set for the ice we get on the roads here, but unstudded these have been great!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #17

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmchugh5 View Post
Have a set on my truck that have nearly 40k on em and i expect close to 25-30 more can tell they aren't new but they dont look close to worn out yet. like he said traction is incredible only issue i've had is in real deep snow if i try to turn 90 degrees to fast they "plow" i.e. wheels are turned but truck isn't nascar calls it pushing or dumptrucking here's a pic not that u can really see tread depth but this is @ about 35k
maan that'a a lot of snow. luckily i don't see anything close to that here in SE TX. might snow here once every 5 years if you're lucky. but it's good to hear that these tires last over 50k. looking forward to driving with those tires.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #18

samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitCo.Skier View Post
Those are some nice looking tires, EXCELLENT in the snow....I had them on my FJ in the stock size........I just hope you took out road-hazard on them, I popped 3 of them in less than a year wheeling......they shred EASY
sure did have the road hazard insurance for the price you gotta have it.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #19
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
those wheels have +15 offset which equates to about 4.8-4.9" BS.

OP, sharp looking setup!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #20
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
those wheels have +15 offset which equates to about 4.8-4.9" BS.

OP, sharp looking setup!
I think that +15mm offset spec might be inaccurate. I measured my wheels and they were exactly 4.5" backspace.

OP, could you post a pic of the front corner of your rig looking down the side? I'm curious about running these same tires, very interested in seeing how far they appear to stick out.

EDIT: Measured my spare wheel last night and it is ~4.85" BS. For some reason I had it in my head that I had measured it as a 4.5" BS wheel.