Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Amazing deal, but will it work?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Toyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shoghi
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing deal, but will it work?

Hey guys,

so I found a set of BFG AT KO's, with 4 rims that I really like for 200 bucks for the set. The tires are 6/32. Is it just me or is that a really good deal?

The catch: They came of an '00 GMC Yukon, bolt pattern is 6x5.5, BUT he doesn't know the backspacing. So, I won't know if they'll fit. he says he thinks they're about 5" but not for sure.

Since they are 16's I am a little worried about them not clearing the calipars and stuff.

Lemme know what you guys think!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Toyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Okay so, I searched a little harder and now know that they won't fit my truck. trigger happy on posting this I guess and didn't search as hard as I should have. BUT now that I found they don't fit he said he'll sell me all 4 for 80 bucks.

Here's a pic of the tread, do you think it's 50% or not so much? Thanks again!

Old 12-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
Banned
MBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to allMBTaco21 is a name known to all
MBTaco21's Tacoma Gallery
80 bucks i'd take em for sure
Old 12-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
now he's saying they are more like 20% - 25%, it might not be worth it because by the time I pay to have em mounted and balanced it'll be like 160 bucks only to have em on for a few months.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
that does like like 20-25% tread left. i would pass and put the money towards better ones. Gm wheels will not work, they have a smaller hub opening.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If the rims are hub centric then the hub bore isn't big enough for a Tacoma.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #7
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you to all of you, appreciate it, I am gonna pass on them and save.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Right move to pass due to tread remaining on those, but BFG AT/KOs are a great tire. My son runs them on his full size Chevy for summer tires and loves them. I'm planning to put a set on my Taco in the Spring. They stand up to the abuse of gravel roads, give great traction in mud/sand/dirt, decent in snow (not great on ice, but we run dedicated winter tires here) ... and still have good paved surface manners.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:31 AM   #9
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
those tires have tons of thread when new still some life left but not fifty percent
Old 12-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
its the DOT date that you should be most worried about. "Expired" tires pose a safety risk.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it! I'm on the hunt for a new set
Old 12-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #13
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you buy the wheels and tires then resell it for a tad more? That newly made money can go towards a set that fits.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
What if I am unable to sell em for more? Just cuz the tires are so bald.

Plus I leave for Kelowna in a couple weeks and can't take them with me unfortunately, and I think my parents would disown me if I left them in their garage.