Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Siping Goodyear Duratrac tires....

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Siping Goodyear Duratrac tires....

It's Great !!!....

I'm on my 2nd set of duratrac tires already in 287/75/16's. First set I got about 20k miles on them before I got rid of them. They were at the wear bars already ( damn supercharger )
On my 2nd set I decided to get them siped. They already come winter rated with sipes but I decided to take the chance and get them siped for extra winter traction.....
HOLY CRAP....22k miles later I still have 30% tread wear left and my driving habits ( heavy foot ) have not changed. Not only do I still have considerable tread left but siping has made the ride "MUCH MUCH better. Traction in snow is much much greater as in rain and on dry pavement.
So I consider siping duratracs very worthwhile and plan to do it again on my future sets as it increased traction, comfort, and long term longevity.