LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

PLASTI DERP - Wheels!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
PLASTI DERP - Wheels!

Sooo, I know many people are not fans of plasti derp, but I think it does have some very useful applications. Such as badges, emblems, bumpers, and even wheels. My question is this, how well do you think plasti dipping chrome wheels would turn out?

I would really like black wheels because I want to black out my truck. But I HATE my chromeys and I just cant afford to go and buy new rims right now.

I think these wheels could look pretty cool if they were blacked but I'm not sure how well it would work applied on chrome. Thoughts?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
I think it will work fine. Go for it! If it doesn't work you can peel it off.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
no
Old 12-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Do it. Then if you ever get new wheels, you'll easily be able to return yours to chrome for a better sale.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is what I was hoping to hear! If all goes well I will be doing my grill surround, rear bumper, and badges as well.

Where is the best place to find cans of this? Just Home Depot or places like that?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Home Depot and I think ACE has a verity of colors.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #10

post pics STAT!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #11
Casey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Lowes also has the goods. Also if you dont want to jack up your truck and take the wheels off then you could do the deck of cards trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
This is what I was hoping to hear! If all goes well I will be doing my grill surround, rear bumper, and badges as well.

Where is the best place to find cans of this? Just Home Depot or places like that?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
let us know how it turns out. I want to do mine also
Old 12-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #13
thunderbases is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Electro/Environmental
thunderbases's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it. Those wheels are nice. You will regret it. JMHO
Old 12-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #14
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Do it! What have you got to loose minus $7 and a few hours of your time. You already said you HATE the chrome so anything different will be an upgrade. Plus if you change your mind you can just peel it right off.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #15
Very nice how much?

Yes the only reason I don't have a problem doing this is because I know it will come off easily if I want it off, I'm just worried it may come off TOO easily. But I will give it a shot. I have seen the deck of cards trick in pictures before, but does anything peel off when you take the cards off?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #16
Casey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud of

id buy 2 cans. just to put a few coats on it. i did mine in 3 coats then rolled the truck forward and sprayed it lightly another 3 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Do it! What have you got to loose minus $7 and a few hours of your time. You already said you HATE the chrome so anything different will be an upgrade. Plus if you change your mind you can just peel it right off.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #17
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Do it then post it
Old 12-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #18

if you go ripping the cards out quickly then you have a chance to rim some of the plastidip off. go card by card (some will be attached together by the spray) and even grab a razer blade to cut it. Also if you get some on your tires its ok because with the elements it will come off

Quote:
Yes the only reason I don't have a problem doing this is because I know it will come off easily if I want it off, I'm just worried it may come off TOO easily. But I will give it a shot. I have seen the deck of cards trick in pictures before, but does anything peel off when you take the cards off?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
Very nice how much?

Hey guys sorry for the late update, I think I'm gonna try this out this weekend. I gotta go buy the derp still. Should I spray the inside of the wheels all the way back?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #20
jhu616 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tripp
jhu616's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys sorry for the late update, I think I'm gonna try this out this weekend. I gotta go buy the derp still. Should I spray the inside of the wheels all the way back?
Not sure what you mean, but if think those would look good if you plastic dipped the entire rim minus the lip, and just leave the lip chrome IMO