Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Procomp xtreme mt's on road?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
Toyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shoghi
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Procomp xtreme mt's on road?

Hey guys,

I found this rims/tires on CL:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...750405328.html

Would you guys say it's a good price? or a little on the high side?

Also, anyone who has experience with these tires, how are they on road? Most of my driving is on road so I don't want to have tires that will 100% kill my gas mileage and suck on road.

Yes - I know my mileage will decrease, but i'm assuming some tires are better then others

Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
these tires are ok. THey sux in the mud/snow. :$ they did ride rough. But i got about 40k out of them which is pretty good since they are mud terrain. they put a good foot print when air down, but they did not bulge very much because are trucks are light and it was D rated.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Toyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
these tires are ok. THey sux in the mud/snow. :$ they did ride rough. But i got about 40k out of them which is pretty good since they are mud terrain. they put a good foot print when air down, but they did not bulge very much because are trucks are light and it was D rated.
Oh so they aren't great in the snow and mud? that's really why I am looking for new tires. I want tires that are really good in the snow so I can go playy

Any suggestions?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you!

But I have to keep in mind that i'll be on dry pavement the majority of the time, just weekend snow play! Are duratracs farely good on road as well?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i believe so. I mean the pro comp xtreme weren't that bad. but i know their better tires out their. i was looking at getting the same set and freakin 4 wheel parts which are bunch of num nuts quoted me for 1600 installed fo 315/70/17. they told me that was good deal. I bought the same tires and rims for 1800. i was thinking wtf.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
the full Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoghi View Post
Thank you!

But I have to keep in mind that i'll be on dry pavement the majority of the time, just weekend snow play! Are duratracs farely good on road as well?
they got louder once they got warn down. But they served their purpose for 40k mileage.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
bahahaa, 1600 bucks? that's crazy.

The only reason I'm looking at these is cuz 650-700 bucks isn't too bad for almost new tires, mounted on rims.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
the full Monty

Quote:
bahahaa, 1600 bucks? that's crazy.

The only reason I'm looking at these is cuz 650-700 bucks isn't too bad for almost new tires, mounted on rims.
yea the new shoes i got were Kumho road venture mt kl71. i bought them off ebay for 927 for 315/70/17. which it costed another 130 bucks to mount/balance , plus alignment.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
were they used or brand new?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #13
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
oh that's a good price!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
hahah!! Yeah, i couldn't even imagine running a 35. How are your MPG?
Old 12-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #17
the full Monty

Quote:
hahah!! Yeah, i couldn't even imagine running a 35. How are your MPG?
well techincally it is like 34.6. it varies on how i drive. I would say avgrage is like 15-16.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #18
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
That's not horrible for those tires