LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

A friend was told stock wheels and tires wont fit on lifted 2nd gen??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
Triangleacre1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
Triangleacre1's Tacoma Gallery
A friend was told stock wheels and tires wont fit on lifted 2nd gen??

A friend of mine has a 2nd gen witha 3 inch lift. She bought it with 285/75/16 toyo open county mt and aftermarket rims. She was wanting to put the stock wheels and tires which also came with the truck when she bought it back on to save gas. The dealership told her that they wont fit back on. I have never heard such a thing.

On a side not I was trying to get her to sell them to me for my 1st gen.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
It might look a bit odd to have a lifted truck with stock wheels but there isnt any reason they wont fit unless the lug pattern is aftermarket.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer is absolutely, positively, incorrect.

Ask them to tell her specifically what won't fit, I'd like to what reason they invent.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Thats the only thing i could come up with is that they wouldnt look great with the lift but what the heck.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Of course they will fit. It will probably look goofy but why wouldnt they fit?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Another dealership talking out of their ass...
Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Never believe anything a dealership says when it comes to lifts, aftermarket wheels, or tire fitment
Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
lol
Old 12-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
Believe me I did not believe it at all
Old 12-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah some dealers don't know shit. When I was looking for my taco the guy tried to sell me a 2wd trd offroad claiming that with the e-locker it was the same as 4wd.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #11
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Never believe anything a dealership says when it comes to lifts, aftermarket wheels, or tire fitment
wait one dag gone minute here!! haha. I am a Toyota dealer.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #12
magic is on a distinguished road
magic's Tacoma Gallery
theyre saying that just to make her spend the big $$$ for toyota aftermarket rims. my advice- go with 4wheelers black out steelies 16X8 or 16x10 with around 3.75 bs. they look good and are only about 60$ per rim
Old 12-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #13
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic View Post
theyre saying that just to make her spend the big $$$ for toyota aftermarket rims. my advice- go with 4wheelers black out steelies 16X8 or 16x10 with around 3.75 bs. they look good and are only about 60$ per rim
this.

if you decreased the spaced in the wheel housing then yes maybe, but increasing the space......come on
Old 12-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic View Post
You are recommending she get 10" wide rims for the stock tires?

And 3.75" BS is way too little for a 2nd gen.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
If the speedo was corrected for the new size, it'll go "off" when the original size us reinstalled.

That's all I got.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #17
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
This is what a Taco looks like with a 3" lift and stock wheels & tires.

This spring or summer I will get bigger tires for off roading, but only use them when off roading as this is my daily driver with a 70 mile round trip.